Thread: Vension

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Default Vension

Fry in butter either venison steaks or tenderloins until pink inside, lower heat and add a can of Campbell's mushroom soup and let simmer for 20 minutes or so, turn every 5 minutes.
    Simple, fast but very good IMO
    Enjoy
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Sounds delicious, Ill have to try that......Once I finally connect with one!!
    "No one's interested in something you didn't do"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huntnmachine View Post
    Fry in butter either venison steaks or tenderloins until pink inside, lower heat and add a can of Campbell's mushroom soup and let simmer for 20 minutes or so, turn every 5 minutes.
    Simple, fast but very good IMO
    Enjoy
    That's my favorite recipe for venison chops. I still rub crushed Garlic cloves on steaks and do them on the BBQ. I've done two marinated 3lb roasts in red wine sauce and crushed garlic and Juniper berries on the rotisserie that came out really good,too. They were a big hit last year on New Years Eve.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

My bud swears by the Cambell mushroom soup method in a crock pot.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

This sounds really good definetly will try.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Sounds yummy, deer season can’t come soon enough

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

That mushroom soup method is by far my favourite.
    I usually use loins cut into 3/4 inch thick medallions, dredge in flour, salt and pepper and brown in olive oil.
    When its done in the saute or fying pan, scrape off the brown caramelised stuff in the pan, leave in there and dump in the Mushroom Soup with the venison.
    Simmer for at least 20 minutes covered on low. If I have fresh mushrooms on hand I'll fry some up in butter previous and also toss in.
    Serve over rice.
    One of the best parts is everybody gets a little bowl of mushroom soup on the side. Soup is 10x better with venison flavouring.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I if possible add more fresh or canned mushrooms fried with garlic and butter just be sure to add extra water

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Weren't we all supposed to boycott Campbells for moving their production to the U.S?....[emoji53]

"Hold my beer and watch this"