Thread: TERROVA VS Xi5 wireless

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default TERROVA VS Xi5 wireless

Looking at both in 24v 80lb with Ipilot( minn kota ) GPS ( standard on the Xi5 wireless ) and would like the communitys thoughts from anyone who owns either or. 3 of use are buying one or the other so I called around looking for a 3 purchase deal, 2 places I called were talking me out of the Minn Kota due to the amount of returns they get due to none working parts and breakage, one of them told me they sell 20 Xi5's for every 1 of the Terrova's, this place I trust, I now the owner, some of you prob now him also, Jos from Angling outfitters. I've read a few posts on OOD and other sites were guys don't seem to have issues with the Minn Kota unit which contradics what Jos is telling me. Currently we all run the same Minn Kota cable driven unit but are know after the Ipilot / GPS features.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Minn kota or nothing for me. I will never, ever own a motorguide again.

S.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I love my Terrova 80 i-Pilot
    Bought new this year and problem free.
    Anchor feature is AWESOME
    ------------------------------------------
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Just found these reviews
    You should read some of them

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/motor...r-pinpoint-gps
    ------------------------------------------
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

A friend's boat has the i-pilot on a smaller kota motor. I use it all the time and beat it up pretty good with issue. The anchor is great.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input so far....cheers

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I got the xi5 and LOVE it!! I went from using a minkota powerdrive V2 with ipilot which I hated. The only thing I wish Xi5 had was a remote with an LCD screen on it like iPilot has, and hopefully the next version of xi5 has it and I will upgrade.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I got the 112lbs i-pilot for my Bday last spring and I had no issue with it and I really like all of it.
    Just wish Lake Master had the Ontario lakes.

Before that I had a 55lbs Minnkota for 12 years and again no issue at all.