Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: 20 ga for deer should be banned

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It's obvious even with patterning you refuse to see that buckshot can be useful. You definitely expect everyone should agree with you. Buckshot in close quarters will and does work especially in thick brush and when dogging. You have to know your shotgun very well and how it patterns and it's effective range. No different then shooting a bow if you don't know the effective range of your bow your going to end up wounding deer. Every year in almost every province there are articles in the News of a deer running around with and arrow sticking out it's chest or throat.

Quote Originally Posted by stilchen67 View Post
    Your entire post does not support your argument in the least-- again you are not shooting number 7's at a woodcock or a grouse where only a couple of pellets hitting the target will suffice-- we are talking about a large powerful animal -again it can be very difficult to pattern with buckshot because the varying degrees of the buckshot location--you might fire at thirty yards and get a couple right through the lung or maybe the heart--the next time from that same distance the pattern can change dramatically by a number of inches resulting in a crippling shot and a lost animal--with a quality slug it will hit the same area that it is being aimed at on a consistent basis-- I would suggest you go out and try what I related to earlier on a 48 by 48inch target and see for yourself-- if you are offended in some way simply because my opinion does not coincide with yours- that's your problem junior
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Wrastler View Post
    yup..ban it all...ban everything because some people dont understand that crap happens and bad shooters are still bad shooters no matter the weapon or distance. Ban it all so we cannot even have this discussion 19 thousand times a year.

The OP should have known better then to post such silliness on a hunting forum, he should be banned from social media until he looks up the definition of an internet troll lol...his first post said he didnt believe it should be banned anyways and that the title "should get some attention"...70+ posts later and hes still getting that attention he so craved, that in my definition is a troll.....oh and not to mention his great sample size of 2 deer that he has based his "statistics/findings" on...STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!
    Speaking of Internet Troll's . . . doesn't this response meet the definition?

Isn't the purpose of this forum for discussions? even if they happen 19 000 times . . .
    Things that fly turn me on

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddy View Post
    Speaking of Internet Troll's . . . doesn't this response meet the definition?

Isn't the purpose of this forum for discussions? even if they happen 19 000 times . . .
    im all for open discussion/debate even if they happen 19 thousand times but hearing the same arguments over banning anything that we currently have access to is rediculous. If we respect each others opinion why is there a need to ban anything people are confident in using...to me its just silly to discuss? why create a divide within hunters when we already have govt restricting what we can and cant do, do you really want more hunting bans and restrictions??? The majority of non hunters are already against us why promote banning a perfectly legal calibre choice, its not helping our cause...not to mention if you spend any time at all around a 20 gauge you would know its a very capable deer round, inexperience may play a part in thinking it is any less capable then other deer hunting rounds in comparisson.

Ill let you keep kicking this horse tho, I got fresh fish to fillet...
    Last edited by Deer Wrastler; February 2nd, 2018 at 02:57 PM.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Dumbasses that make foolish comments just to stir the pot and get reactions should be banned..........
    Get a life and a brain.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by willy9889 View Post
    Dumbasses that make foolish comments just to stir the pot and get reactions should be banned..........
    Get a life and a brain.
    and we were just having a friendly debate until willys feelings got hurt...
    Last edited by Deer Wrastler; February 8th, 2018 at 04:04 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910