Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking at buying a property with a Ducks Unlimited conservancy on the land

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    Yup that would suck not owning your own land and feel like your trespassing on your own property regardless of how many ducks there are. So In my eyes yup it sucks. But to each is own, if he likes the agreement and he’s ok with that then he should do it.
    How exactly do you not 'own' your 'own' land? The restrictions aren't on the entirety of the property, just the wetland. And by "restrictions" we're really just talking about an agreement. It has nothing to do with hunting or recreational use whatsoever. They're simply to try and avoid having landowners destroying wetlands created by DUC...

When was the last time you as a hunter (and I'm guessing conservationist, but who knows these days) looked at a rural property with a wetland and said "man, I'd love to fill that wetland in"?

-Nick
    Last edited by Sprite; December 11th, 2018 at 12:03 PM.
    Krete

Bills n' Thrills.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    How exactly do you not 'own' your 'own' land? The restrictions aren't on the entirety of the property, just the wetland. The restrictions are not for hunting or recreational use whatsoever. They're simply to stop landowners from destroying the wetland...

When was the last time you as a hunter (and I'm guessing conservationist, but who knows these days) looked at a rural property with a wetland and said "man, I'd love to fill that wetland in"?

-Nick
    I’m not saying anything about filling in wet lands or being a conservationist your just making up things now. I have no experience in buying wetlands, I only commented on how I feel based on others comments. All I know is if I bought land then was told you can’t do this or that to any piece of it regardless if it’s a wet land or not I would be pissed. That’s all I’m saying, so take it for what it is ! Because at the end of the day he has to make his own decision if he wants to buy it or not. Not me
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    It seems like a headache to buy a property with a professionally installed and or rehabilitated waterfowl haven? Man that would suck!

-Nick
    It's horrible. I can't wait for my 20 year contract to be up so I can bulldoze the god awful wildlife haven that DUC and MNRF created on my property.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

If there is a tax benefit it might be worthwhile..
    Otherwise, I very much like to be in charge of my own property.
    We have 200 acres and drained a beaver dam; and installed a control dam just like the DU would.
    DU will actually offer you a lot of habitat advice if you reach out to them; and the benefit is for all.
    Control Dam.jpg

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LondonDave View Post
    It's horrible. I can't wait for my 20 year contract to be up so I can bulldoze the god awful wildlife haven that DUC and MNRF created on my property.
    Now,that's a story I'd like to hear.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Now,that's a story I'd like to hear.
    Its a joke. It's not horrible. They created an amazing habitat.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LondonDave View Post
    Its a joke. It's not horrible. They created an amazing habitat.
    I did get the joke London Dave!
    Good to see you around here again my friend.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I did get the joke London Dave!
    Good to see you around here again my friend.
    Thanks. I still lurk around occasionally.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123