Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Winter Float suit recommendations?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thumbs up New Winter Float suit recommendations?

Hey, looking to upgrade my old tattered float suit for this winter and was wondering if anyone had some input on the newer models with regards to pros and cons on the suits you have?

Had a huge problem with my suit freezing up stiff as a board if I took it off when arriving to the fishing spots due to sweat/moisture etc.... is this the case for all of them or are there some top of the line that are better to go with

thanks in advance!
    Rippin' Lips!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

https://www.idigear.com/

This is the suit I have. I like it much better than my last one piece Mustang suit.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Take a look at the new Frabill I-Float suit. The reviews are good and it was mentioned in a past Ontario Outdoors mag, as winning an award. It looks like a good suit. It’s also USCG approved as a personal floatation device.....not Canadian approved though.
    Last edited by rick_iles; November 28th, 2017 at 12:23 PM.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Striker ice suits......have a look
    60% of the time, it works every time :joker:

Leads by example

User Info Menu

A couple things you need to consider.
    1: 1 or 2 piece?
    2: Do you need (Canada) Dept of Transport approval?
    Advantages & disavantages to either answer for both questions.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

thanks guys all great recommendations... leaning towards the striker Ice Climate suit... if i'm out there that much I may as well go with what looks to be the best out there right now... One piece has advantages as well but two piece is more practical for where I go...

good luck this year... hope we get a winter!

cheers!
    Rippin' Lips!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I wore a one piece float suit for years. I enjoyed the safety, but the comfort is terrible. I have switched to a two piece FXR excursion suit. 2 hour floatation, though not coast guard approved. Breathes and is comfortable, looks good, and is great for snowmobiling.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by L_GUNN View Post
    I wore a one piece float suit for years. I enjoyed the safety, but the comfort is terrible. I have switched to a two piece FXR excursion suit. 2 hour floatation, though not coast guard approved. Breathes and is comfortable, looks good, and is great for snowmobiling.
    Just in case someone is looking for Canadian Coast Guard approval they won't find it as they are not the approving authority in Canada and have not been for many years. Look for (Canada) Department of Transport.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Anyone looking for a deal on floater coats and bibs, check out Field Supply.com
    Frabill suits that won an ICast award are on sale.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Having worn snowmobile suits for 50 years I can tell you that one piece suits were the worst invention ever. Try to bend over in one. Worse yet, when nature calls you have to strip right down to get to the business of things.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast