Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Well, I ordered a smoke pole.

  1. #1
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default Well, I ordered a smoke pole.

    I did not get my hands on them but was given some Cabelas gift cards so decided to go with an introductory muzzleloader.

    I decided on the Traditions Pursuit Ultralight, the main reasons behind this over the TC Impact were the hammer design being substantial and a spur being available as well as the overall weight. Hunting now has become a family event in our home and the weight of the gun is significantly less than the TC, so this is something that my wife would be able to go out and shoot.

    The reviews have been almost identical between the 2, they both have systems for starting sabots easier and accelerated methods of removing the breech when needed, they are both 209 primed and 50 cal, the only fault of the TC are the hammer and a huge plus people bring up about the Pursuit is the light weight, they are both supposed to be very accurate.

    The gun is on backorder, they claim 2 weeks to 2 months, but I have tons of time before the next muzzleloader season so not worried at all.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Nice! Nothing better than new gear. Especially a new gun...

  4. #3
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    Nice! Nothing better than new gear. Especially a new gun...
    A whole new sport essentially here, already looking at options for shooting it that will not break the bank, blister pack ammo is as expensive as 12ga sabot slugs, planning to buy pistol bullets and bulk sabots as well as hard cast to seat in the sabots for plinking.

  5. #4
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    A whole new sport essentially here, already looking at options for shooting it that will not break the bank, blister pack ammo is as expensive as 12ga sabot slugs, planning to buy pistol bullets and bulk sabots as well as hard cast to seat in the sabots for plinking.
    I have been using the Hornady XTP in .300gr for years now with good accuracy & they won't take up too much hunting funds.
    Bang, Flop!!

  6. #5
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    I have been using the Hornady XTP in .300gr for years now with good accuracy & they won't take up too much hunting funds.
    Bang, Flop!!
    That was the plan, but I can down load it on powder and shoot the lead bullets in the summer if I want to, not quite as cheap as a round ball but those will not really stabilize in this twist.

  7. #6
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Good choice ...I like my Traditions Pursuit..had it for the past 18yrs, never had a problem.

    Order a few dozen of theses Extreme Elites from PR bullets....only $8 /dozen...great buy for the plinking.

    https://www.prbullet.com/ee.htm
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Good choice ...I like my Traditions Pursuit..had it for the past 18yrs, never had a problem.

    Order a few dozen of theses Extreme Elites from PR bullets....only $8 /dozen...great buy for the plinking.

    https://www.prbullet.com/ee.htm
    Rick has some Mini's at $0.20 each, the XTP rounds should be about $0.65 each with sabot and bullet and the lead cast will be about $0.29 each with sabot.

    Lots of options

  9. #8
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Nice choice I have two one with thumbhole stock nicest one for carrying around

  10. #9
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Order a few dozen of theses Extreme Elites from PR bullets....only $8 /dozen...great buy for the plinking.
    It's not only an economical option for plinking, it has been my bullet/sabot of choice for hunting for several years now.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

  11. #10
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Congrats on some new gear.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •