Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stevens 311 16 ga.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

No. One sixteen sxs...and one model twelve!...so at least two....lol.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Oh...and if one isn't a Philly fox...then three!

btw...anyone have a sixteen Philly fox for sale?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

To paraphrase someone else... Finding someone's 12 ga. or 20 ga. hull in my favourite grouse covert doesn't concern me much. But if I find a 16 ga. or 28 ga. I get worried
    What calm deer hunterís heart has not skipped a beat when the silence of a cold November morning afield is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointer View Post
    To paraphrase someone else... Finding someone's 12 ga. or 20 ga. hull in my favourite grouse covert doesn't concern me much. But if I find a 16 ga. or 28 ga. I get worried
    oh ya...a fresh purple hull means find another trail.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Maybe a rem 48, rem 11, browning sweet 16., or Spanish sxs, or rem 870........I know,...I have a problem....!!!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointer View Post
    I would be concerned about those hunting with a 16ga or 28ga and leaving the hulls on the ground, mine never touch the dirt for 16ga. The last time I threw out a good 16ga hull I was young and stupid.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Maybe a rem 48, rem 11, browning sweet 16., or Spanish sxs, or rem 870........I know,...I have a problem....!!!
    Right now I only own one 16ga and that is a new production A5 Sweet 16. I had a nice JP Sauer SxS but it was developing cracks so sold it off. I have no doubt that when I come across the right replacement I will add another to the family. Still don't own a 28ga which is kind of puzzling really.
    Anyway congrats on the SxS.
    I 'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I recently picked up a Mossberg 190, 16 ga shotgun with the C-Lect-Choke for a $100. What a fun gun itís going to be the I donít care what the weathers like gun

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Your choice of new shotgun has 2 very important attributes; it’s a 16 ga and it is a sxs. That said, your STEVENS savage should serve you well. Once your 16 ga conversion takes a grip on you, don’t be surprised if you seek 16 ga models in Merkel, Simson, JP Sauer, Sarasqueta, Ugartechea, FAIR, Citori, etc.... Just Sayin

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    I recently picked up a Mossberg 190, 16 ga shotgun with the C-Lect-Choke for a $100. What a fun gun it’s going to be the I don’t care what the weathers like gun
    I have one of those, a 190K.A. Thanks to Alan Rock, got it 'FREE to a Good Home' from the trunk of a car at work...LOL.

I've killed a lot of game with it thru the years, was my go-to turkey gun for many hunts till I switched to a Black Powder 12ga.

Good snag !!!
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12