Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timney Trigger

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default Timney Trigger

Hey Y'all: I want to put a Timney trigger my Remington 700 BDL - 7 mm mag. Have not been moose hunting for many years and in order to get some enjoyment out of the rifle, I have been setting it up as a range gun. Trigger creep is an item to be dealt with.
    Questions/Opinions:
    What pull weight would be recommended for a hunting rifle that spends most of its time at a range?
    Timney provides 2 trigger configurations for the trigger shape. Standard curved shape (contured around finger) and also a straight flat pull shape. Has anyone used this flat shape? Good/bad? Comments?
    Thanks
    Rope

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Hey Roper, I put a Timney kit in my 870 20ga. deer gun. Set trigger to 3 lbs. She's a sweet shooter now!!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I have heard the Timney's can really add something to an older gun. In my opinion I would purchase the standard curved trigger, though I see a number of guys shooting AR's using the flat triggers now. I guess it's all about what your used to.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I have bought a couple now. I kept them at factory settings and no regrets. I too would stay with the curved.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I would check out Trigger Tech triggers as well. They are Canadian made and very very nice. I have seen them installed on the 700 as well as AR's and all of of customers love them. TC

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Be sure to buy some training rounds. The ones with the rubber plug were the primer would be. You will want them when you set up the trigger. You will pulling the trigger for feel, but you also will want to make sure the safety works. Not something you want to be testing on a live round, or find out by "ACCIDENT" it does not work.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Be sure to buy some training rounds. The ones with the rubber plug were the primer would be. You will want them when you set up the trigger. You will pulling the trigger for feel, but you also will want to make sure the safety works. Not something you want to be testing on a live round, or find out by "ACCIDENT" it does not work.
    Excellent suggestion. Didn't think of that. Where would I find them?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Canadian Tire, Cabela's, Bass Pro, probably most hunting stores.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roper View Post
    Where would I find them?
    https://www.cabelas.ca/category/snap-caps/1124

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I do have to ask, what is wrong with the trigger in the 700 right now?

I know of so many people buying a rifle and swapping the trigger or making modifications before even shooting it, it is like adding salt to your meal before you take a bite.

I know the 700 can have a very nice trigger, older 700s. If you have concerns about the safety it is normally because people modify the safety or do not clean it properly, trigger groups should never have oil put on them as that collects dust and can cause problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast