Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Lake Erie Walleye Forecast

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default 2018 Lake Erie Walleye Forecast

Saw this forecast saying the fishing should be good this year based on the 2014-15 year classes reaching maturity.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/372...inting-seasons
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

From what I seen last year I believe it will be good.
    We seen a lot of smaller fish than usual last year.
    Before last year it was unusual to catch smaller eyes.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I have been getting small eyes for about 3 years now. I have caught them as small as 4" long. Last year was my best year ever, I did throw a lot of small ones back as well as some big ones. I like them from 15 to maybe 20". I had guys asking why I throw back eyes there were about 22", had to say just don't like them, not saying I wouldn't keep bigger if that was all I was getting. I have been told that 2018 supposed to be even better, I can't imagine, but bring it on.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Can't wait

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Last year out of Burwell was the best I have seen in 20 years only got out twice but limited out both times in just a few hours

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

That is good news. I am really looking forward to fishing Lake Erie for walleyes next year...

User Info Menu

I hope it gets to were it was in the late 80s. Limit out in a hour just before dark with 8lbs ers.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

dutch, you are showing your age there. I also remember those years it was just amazing. Leave house at 7 for 30min ride to ramp, home drinking a beer and cleaning a limit of at least 6lb eyes, before 11. did that every Saturday. Last year could do the same maybe in less time, but the size was no where near it. Fastest limit last year was 40 minutes and that took in the boat ride there and back. Took longer to drive truck to ramp and back than did to catch the fish. Made 2 vertical drifts of maybe 100yds and done.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    dutch, you are showing your age there. I also remember those years it was just amazing. Leave house at 7 for 30min ride to ramp, home drinking a beer and cleaning a limit of at least 6lb eyes, before 11. did that every Saturday. Last year could do the same maybe in less time, but the size was no where near it. Fastest limit last year was 40 minutes and that took in the boat ride there and back. Took longer to drive truck to ramp and back than did to catch the fish. Made 2 vertical drifts of maybe 100yds and done.
    My favorite was to troll Erie Dee Rees tipped with a worm soon as you see fish on the screen pop it off the cannon ball and let it fall. Theb real them up.

User Info Menu

The western basin was crazy last year! Several days we had one limit of 16-18 inch fish before we could get four rods set up . Night fishing along the StClair river outside of Sarnia was the same. It seems as the whole system was full of walleye. Can’t wait until spring !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast