Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Lake Erie Walleye Forecast

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Bring on spring jiggin in the D.....limiting in 10 minutes when they are biting hot....lots of smalleye last year, the 2014/5 year class is gonna make anyone who fishes down here look like a pro in the next few years

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

That is what we did in the late 80's mark a school -cut the engine and toss out an erie derie tipped with a worm-reeling those 7 and 8lb walleye on a 7
    ft spinning rod with 10lb test was really a lot of fun

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    I have been getting small eyes for about 3 years now. I have caught them as small as 4" long. Last year was my best year ever, I did throw a lot of small ones back as well as some big ones. I like them from 15 to maybe 20". I had guys asking why I throw back eyes there were about 22", had to say just don't like them, not saying I wouldn't keep bigger if that was all I was getting. I have been told that 2018 supposed to be even better, I can't imagine, but bring it on.
    I have ate a lot of 6 lb+ Erie walleyes and they are deeeee-lish.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Nothing wrong with Lake Erie walleye even up to 10 lb taste fantastic

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dutchhunter View Post
    Nothing wrong with Lake Erie walleye even up to 10 lb taste fantastic
    will agree on this...reason why I like the smaller ones is I do not zipper out the bones just cut around the rib bones and leave the fillet intact, if frying them you wont notice them but a bigger fish you will. otherwise its all the same to me.

I used to want to release the "big girls" but opening up my PB 30" found out it was a male anyways. actually all the big walleye I have caught were all males still have not caught a female. The fish in my avatar was a male as well.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

My dad cought a 13lb walleye male out of port Burwell. Had it mounted.
    Awesome fish

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dutchhunter View Post
    My dad cought a 13lb walleye male out of port Burwell. Had it mounted.
    Awesome fish
    Nice- bet it made for a handsome mount---bottom line is that this year looks like it good be a great deal of fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12