Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hooked on Simcoe ice hut rentals - beware

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rusty tackle View Post
    Never fished Simcoe for lakers or white fish and want to give it a try, so I stared calling around. Called Trevor from hooked on Simcoe and asked if he had any huts on WF grounds and his response was yes, so I booked. Got there at 7am Sunday, paid my 50 dollars. Before leaving for hut asked the guy him if he was taking me to WF huts, yes he said, turns out he didn’t have huts for white fish only perch. He dropped me off and took off before I realized what was happening. He only cared about the $. Don’t use this service, a dishonest man who lies to your face.
    Still haven’t caught my 1st LT or WF on Simcoe and discouraged to book anything on Simcoe again. This guy operates out of the west side of cooks bay. Stay away.
    Assuming you asked for your money back what did the guy say? did you have a flasher or camera to see there wasnt any whitefish there, maybe they were there and you werent triggering them?
    Last edited by Deer Wrastler; January 16th, 2018 at 02:19 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

WF do seem to be in much shallower this year than in past years.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

He knew exactly what he was doing. I was in13.4 ft of water with a finder. My original post was to let other members know to be wary of this outfitter. I know Simcoe is an amazing fishery with some amazing honest outfitters but my opinion is that this guy is not one of them. I was misled and lied to and that’s the bottom line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12