Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lund vs Princecraft fishing boat?

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Question Lund vs Princecraft fishing boat?

Hi Everybody,

Looking for a new boat with the Lady and we are wondering if there are big difference between these two brands. We went to the boat show and we both like the Princecraft 186 and the Lund Crossover 1875 or Tyee 1800.

Both seems well made boat but the shape of the haul are different so we wonder if one rides better than the other.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Not sure which would ride better, but I do see lots of lunds out there and have always heard they were the best. I looked at a prince craft few years ago and didn't like it, but things change.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Both are nice boats,BUT, besides being almost the same price,Princecraft is designed and built in Canada. IMHO,we need to be supporting our own companies and fellow citizens.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Both are nice boats,BUT, besides being almost the same price,Princecraft is designed and built in Canada. IMHO,we need to be supporting our own companies and fellow citizens.
    Good point. We don't mind helping the US either for personal reason so this won't be a factor for us.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    Not sure which would ride better, but I do see lots of lunds out there and have always heard they were the best. I looked at a prince craft few years ago and didn't like it, but things change.
    The shape of the Lund haul has features that others don't have, it suppose to be more stable and ride better so I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

All the guys out of Quebec on Lake Ontario have Princecrafts, for that reason alone I would never buy one.....
    Aim Small, Miss Small

Member for Life

User Info Menu

One way to compare the two makes is to compare the thickness of the aluminum used in the hulls , and the type of aluminum used , there has to be a difference .
    Te Lund boats usually bring higher prices when it comes to resell them, that alone tells me that they are better quality.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I’ve owned a prince craft which was a fantastic boat for 20 yrs. when o was shopping for a new boat I looked at both but at the time the prince craft came with a much higher price. Also, the prince craft’s layout wasn’t to my liking compared to Lund. I ended up buying the Lund Impact. Love the Lund! No issues with it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 300Sniper View Post
    All the guys out of Quebec on Lake Ontario have Princecrafts, for that reason alone I would never buy one.....
    So I would hazard a guess and say you don't like cheese or maple syrup from there either

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    So I would hazard a guess and say you don't like cheese or maple syrup from there either
    I don't like the reputation of the Quebec fisherman out on lake Ontario and would not want to be associated with them
    Aim Small, Miss Small

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast