Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lund vs Princecraft fishing boat?

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I'm late to the party, but can provide you with some insight on the lund IPS hull if you haven't bought a boat yet. My buddy runs the 2012 Lund Pro V 1850. I run a 2009 Starcraft superfisherman. My boat is a higher boat, and can take a lot of abuse in big water. Considering that his boat is lower to the water, and doesn't have quite as deep a hull, its pretty darn seaworthy but maybe not quite as dry as my boat. We got to test his boat in 40- 50KM south winds at the bottom of lake st. clair, and all the way down the detroit river to lasalle last year. It was some ugly weather, and wicked waves, combined with some ridiculous freighter wake to boot. I believe his boat did as well as mine would have in the conditions. We did take some water, but nothing the boat couldn't keep up with. I'm pretty in love with my starcraft on the big water, but I certainly was impressed with the lund IPS hull. I have no experience with Princecraft, although I do have some experience with quebec salmon fisherman lol.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Lund hands down

Elite Member

User Info Menu

My vote goes to Lund as well. My tyee is very smooth and stable, also after years of use doesn’t leak a drop of water.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I own a Lund and have owned a Princecraft and in my opinion the Lund is a far superior boat in every way specially when it comes to ride quality

Dan

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Often the quality of a product be it a car or truck, snowmachine , Atv or outboard motor is the product of a good advertising campaign. And too often both meet the needs of the buyer regardless of the companys reputation. Is Honda better than Yamaha? Or is Honda better than Toyota? One thing for sure--you'll pay more for the Honda.
    Hull design has a lot to do with how fuel efficient a boat can be on the water whereas the ride may have to do with weather conditions and ability of the operator.
    I have a Bluefin that's close to 50 years old and doesn't leak a drop--but I never pounded it on the water either. It drives well but its a slug on gas.
    Between the Lund or the Princecraft my choice would come down to cost.

Be

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I would go with Alumacraft. Look at the competitor 185.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Ive had good luck with smaller Princecraft. I like their pointy bow compare to Lund’s rounded nose. They plane quickly. I wouldn’t buy Lund locally if I ever go that route. Local dealer sucks. IMO
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    Often the quality of a product be it a car or truck, snowmachine , Atv or outboard motor is the product of a good advertising campaign. And too often both meet the needs of the buyer regardless of the companys reputation. Is Honda better than Yamaha? Or is Honda better than Toyota? One thing for sure--you'll pay more for the Honda.
    Hull design has a lot to do with how fuel efficient a boat can be on the water whereas the ride may have to do with weather conditions and ability of the operator.
    I have a Bluefin that's close to 50 years old and doesn't leak a drop--but I never pounded it on the water either. It drives well but its a slug on gas.
    Between the Lund or the Princecraft my choice would come down to cost

Be
    Hull design has a lot to do with how a boat rides and handles.
    A deep vee hull does not pound as much as a shallow vee hull and a almost flat hull while it is faster will give you a sore backside in any type of rough water'
    I will take a deep vee hull design over any other for fishing the great lakes where you may be out many many miles from port.
    Been there done that my 22 ft. Star Craft , Holliday , with the extra deep vee hull, handled whatever lakes Ontario , Erie and Huron threw at us.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Get the Lund.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

This is possibly the worst time to buy any fishing boat. The prices are insane. I saw an advertised Lund ProV 1850 at a local dealer at $85K. Talk about fools and their money soon parted................
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123