Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATV Tire Chains, 1/2 price

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dcaley View Post
    thanks for the heads up on the deal.

my honda has 25x10-11 rear tires, will the 25x10-12 from royal fit correctly? ...never bought chains before.
    Sale may be over, maybe they will be nice. There's 5 sizes that fit a host of tire/rim sizes, I had to cut a couple links in the length to keep from flailing around. http://www.royaldistributing.com/Cat...er/343/#zoom=z yours will be the same size as mine..#A14-30402

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I don't own an ATV anymore, but if I did I would go back to studs instead of chains. Studs you can still run full speed safely, and are less aggressive on the drivetrain. Excellent control steering and stopping.front studs.jpg
    rear studs.jpg

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Just got the chains today real fast delivery and the price was right. I have put them on and the fit seems right just going to put a couple bungee cords across outside chain and they are set. Going slow doesnít bother me itís better than walking and slipping,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Actually you don't want to use steel chains on pavement because they have NO traction and slide all over. You need some ice/mud for them to bite into.... Ask any dozer/excavator/tractor operator.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patvetzal View Post
    Actually you don't want to use steel chains on pavement because they have NO traction and slide all over. You need some ice/mud for them to bite into.... Ask any dozer/excavator/tractor operator.
    They have the V bars on the chains, maybe we should run over your boot and check the traction. LOL

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Lotsa traction on the boot, but NONE on a surface such as smooth concrete or pavement....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12