Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Proposed Northern Bobwhite Quail Recovery Strategy

  1. #21
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The bureaucrats in their ivory tower in Ptbo. pretty much have had their way with one weak Minister after another. They are calling the shots and have been for a while. A classic case of the tail wagging the dog.

    Sorry fellas I just read another thread in outdoors news that pretty much makes this redundant.
    Last edited by swampsinger; February 2nd, 2018 at 07:00 PM.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #22
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampsinger View Post
    The bureaucrats in their ivory tower in Ptbo. pretty much have had their way with one weak Minister after another. They are calling the shots and have been for a while. A classic case of the tail wagging the dog.

    Sorry fellas I just read another thread in outdoors news that pretty much makes this redundant.
    Okay. So you honestly think the staff at MNR are saying things like:

    "We CANT let our careers result in a meaningful impact on the species we're supposed to manage!!!"
    and
    "Lets see if we can dupe the politicians into spending the money on another giant rubber ducky!"

    Instead of the politicians telling the staff things like:
    "The government is bleeding money. I don't know what a bobwhite is, but there's no new money for a fancy program. Write something that sounds good but doesn't cost any money"

    It sounds like you've got it all figured out!!

  4. #23
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Okay. So you honestly think the staff at MNR are saying things like:

    "We CANT let our careers result in a meaningful impact on the species we're supposed to manage!!!"
    and
    "Lets see if we can dupe the politicians into spending the money on another giant rubber ducky!"

    Instead of the politicians telling the staff things like:
    "The government is bleeding money. I don't know what a bobwhite is, but there's no new money for a fancy program. Write something that sounds good but doesn't cost any money"

    It sounds like you've got it all figured out!!
    Two very interesting perspectives on the issue. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle? No matter which side is in charge the real issue is our lifestyles resulting in loss of habitat.
    Last edited by Tim Tufts; February 3rd, 2018 at 08:16 PM.

  5. #24
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Okay. So you honestly think the staff at MNR are saying things like:

    "We CANT let our careers result in a meaningful impact on the species we're supposed to manage!!!"
    and
    "Lets see if we can dupe the politicians into spending the money on another giant rubber ducky!"

    Instead of the politicians telling the staff things like:
    "The government is bleeding money. I don't know what a bobwhite is, but there's no new money for a fancy program. Write something that sounds good but doesn't cost any money"

    It sounds like you've got it all figured out!!
    Turkeys would be a good example. If had been up to the mnrf and politicians there wouldn't be any in Ontario. See what can happen when they get out the way and cooperate with hunters.

  6. #25
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Yet I know some farmers, who wish turkeys had never been reintroduced, so you can't please everyone.

  7. #26
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    Yet I know some farmers, who wish turkeys had never been reintroduced, so you can't please everyone.
    Like my farmer friend says, "Have you ever met a farmer who doesn't complain?..."
    What calm deer hunterís heart has not skipped a beat when the silence of a cold November morning afield is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •