Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Late goose season question

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Not really.....there was no Sunday hunting down in the Southwest. Passing Sunday hunting opened up a ton of opportunities for all hunters, not just waterfowlers. Waterfowlers also benefit by being able to hunt Sundays. Getting rid of or resisting Sunday hunting just so a few guys can hunt late season geese is asinine !
    that was then this is now. To get rid of the last few areas to hunt waterfowl late season is ASININE!
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It would be a win win situation if the government somehow change the rules and allowed more Migratory hunting days or took some of the days off toward the end of December and added them to late season...

I am all for Sunday gun hunting, just don't understand why anyone would be against it. They should be against the idea of restricting goose hunting in late season.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kk1 View Post
    I really couldn't care a less about your post history. But if your proud of how many you have then I will congratulate you.
    Not a matter of being proud. Rather correcting you about my bird hunting experience. But I guess it is easier to assume. Way to go FNG.

I am done with the thread.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    It would be a win win situation if the government somehow change the rules and allowed more Migratory hunting days or took some of the days off toward the end of December and added them to late season...

I am all for Sunday gun hunting, just don't understand why anyone would be against it. They should be against the idea of restricting goose hunting in late season.
    Not against sunday hunting as I said I primarily hunt sundays. What I am concerned is losing hunting opportunities.
    Until the government somehow change the rules and allowed more Migratory hunting days or took some of the days off toward the end of December and added them to late season...
    why would one fight so hard to lose that ?
    Do you have Sunday hunting in south west Ontario ...Yes
    If this trend continues will you be able to hunt geese in Feb?...No
    So if the residents and hunters in those last traditional areas want to maintain the status quoe so be it.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dythbringer View Post
    Not a matter of being proud. Rather correcting you about my bird hunting experience. But I guess it is easier to assume. Way to go FNG.

I am done with the thread.
    I asked a simple question which I was almost sure i knew the answer to. You piped in calling another person selfish! Thats where all this started. I'm not happy about losing the late season. But still have 2 other areas that I hunt with many permissions in them. So its not the end of the world. Birds do hunt differently in the winter (much easier) . You seem to think it's all the same. Thanks FOG

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    That is rediculous ! What about all the days gained to hunt deer, turkeys, ducks, coyotes, squirrels, rabbits, pheasants crows etc. etc. ???
    Sunday hunting is one of the best things to happen!
    Thankfully, we successfully argued that point with council years ago !!
    So how many duck days do you actually gain? How about deer days?...

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

It would be nice to add more hunting days to the MBCA. Problem with doing that is it's a 3 government agreement (Canada, USA and Mexico) which are parties to the agreements in the Act. All 3 countries would have to agree to the change. For some reason they came up with the limit in the first place. Might be a hard change to get through but worth a try!!

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    So how many duck days do you actually gain? How about deer days?...
    must be nice to have a big azz lake that rarely freezes I haven't seen a goose here in that time frame in....forever lol.

get ready for the invasion of the out of county outfitters and freelancers Bandwagon! anychane of you and the crow master breaking the ontario record this year?
    Barry Keicks

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redd foxx View Post
    It would be nice to add more hunting days to the MBCA. Problem with doing that is it's a 3 government agreement (Canada, USA and Mexico) which are parties to the agreements in the Act. All 3 countries would have to agree to the change. For some reason they came up with the limit in the first place. Might be a hard change to get through but worth a try!!
    Be careful what you ask for, by adding more days , this could possibly put a serious dent in the population of ducks and in poor productive/breeding years may cause a serious decline in the number of ducks available to us hunters.
    Geese that's another story.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Opening hunting opportunities for all hunters is way more important than keeping a late season goose hunt.
    Agreed!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast