Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default NAFA Market Update Feb, 5 2018

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Lets hope the trappers do well. They can use the boost.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Yes let's hope they make out much better than they have the last few sales..............but I have my doubts. Guy I know had 13 yotes left over from last year that just sold at $17................for all of them not each!!!!!
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

Leads by example

User Info Menu

China is a tough market, why would they spend the money on WILD fur in Canada, while there's overproduction of farmed fur in China..? (mostly mink) Yes, I know coyotes and mink look differently, but unless everyone in China start wearing Canada Goose knock offs, they don't need any coyotes. Besides coyote is pretty much the only wild fur somehow holding the price, the rest of them and esp marten (where most trappers make the bulk of the profit) are not in such a great shape and the main reason for that is ty economic conditions in Russia and Ukraine where a lot of those furs went few years ago when the prices were higher. Trapping and wild fur market is in permanent decline, sorry

Comments welcome
    "The dog is Small Munsterlander, the gun is Beretta."
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" A. Saint-Exupery.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vom Dufenshmirtz View Post
    China is a tough market, why would they spend the money on WILD fur in Canada, while there's overproduction of farmed fur in China..? (mostly mink) Yes, I know coyotes and mink look differently, but unless everyone in China start wearing Canada Goose knock offs, they don't need any coyotes. Besides coyote is pretty much the only wild fur somehow holding the price, the rest of them and esp marten (where most trappers make the bulk of the profit) are not in such a great shape and the main reason for that is ty economic conditions in Russia and Ukraine where a lot of those furs went few years ago when the prices were higher. Trapping and wild fur market is in permanent decline, sorry

Comments welcome
    Ya I heard guys tell me it was all over back in the late 80’s too , and it wasn’t but a few years ago I seen averages on muskrats that weren’t seen even in the fur boom of the late 70’s early 80’s , the fat lady hasn’t sang on the wild fur industry just yet and for anyone who has been around for a while we’ve seen the ups and downs and I’m sure I’ll see some more before I’m to old to trap anymore
    You got one shot at life where are your sights aimed today ?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vom Dufenshmirtz View Post

Comments welcome
    Chinese ranch fur is poor quality and China is a huge market , like everything in this world though things aren’t always perfect and ebbs and flows happen , the Chinese seem to have an issue with thruthfully telling the world how busy their economies really are and what their real financial situation is , the coyote market is good to to CG and the many knock offs , marten prices are still viable for most trappers but many areas of northeastern Ontario are suffering from low marten numbers the past few seasons , can’t sell what isn’t there to catch , even though marten are northern trappers main target , coon ,beaver , muskrats contribute more dollars then marten due to shear numbers that can be harvested year to year , if crude oil prices rebound to the 70-80 dollar range the fur market will turn around with Russia coming back into the picture
    You got one shot at life where are your sights aimed today ?