Thread: Vortex Crossfire ii 4-12X40 AO - Any thoughts?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Vortex Crossfire ii 4-12X40 AO - Any thoughts?

Wondered if anyone had experience or feedback on a vortex crossfire ii 4-12X40 AO scope?

A few years ago I bought a savage axis .223 that came with the cheap bushnell sharpshooter scope on it. I am thinking about going to a bit better scope without spending too much. I like the vortex reticle and sounds like they have a great warranty. Just wondered if anyone had specific experience with this scope.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I own two for my coyote guns. Very,very happy with them! They are as good or better than more expensive Leupolds' [ and I own a few of them]. I also have 2 Vortex 1-4 illuminated for my deer shotguns. Can"t go wrong in my opinion.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

A couple of guys I hunt with have that exact model on their muzzleloaders. A couple years ago, one of the guys slipped and fell while climbing a gully, and his gun made the trip to the bottom and ended up in a small creek. After emptying his powder and cleaning all the caked mud off, he reloaded to find out if his scope would still hold zero, which it did without any need for adjustment. Everyone was impressed, considering what it had just gone through.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I looked at one believe 4-12x44 for my 243 but settled on the Nikon Pro Staff in 3.5-14x40 BDC.
    I personally liked it better. Like their Spot On App also.
    Last edited by robster; February 6th, 2018 at 05:32 PM.