Thread: Light for inside Your Ice Hut

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

Default Light for inside Your Ice Hut

Remember seeing a thread somewhere about lights for inside the fish huts ( mainly Portables ) I found one at the TSC stores that seems to work fine and also used it walking out in the dark on the weekend, will try and post a picture later but it is basically an LED Light Switch, name on it was Ultra Performance, runs on 4 - AAA Batteries, we have a few sitting around the house in areas we would also need if hydro went out. Think I got them on sale for under $5.00.

Tight Lines this weekend.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I use the same thing as you but not sure whats the make. I got mine from amazon 4 for $25 I believe . I use them for my hut/house and in my truck bed when the cover is on. I like the fact that it is a switch
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Yep have 6 of um for around here . Fit nice in pocket , real bright light .
    ' This is God's country don't make it look like Hell '
    OFAH member

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I stick to the tried and true Coleman twin burner Naphtha,lots of light,lots of extra heat and burns for hours.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I like the Coleman single mantel propane lantern. You can get a plastic case to transport it easily and securely. The small propane tank screws on quickly and there is no pumping required like in the older style naptha lanterns. Lots of light and the heat is great in my pop up ice hut.
    Rick in Muskoka

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I use an LED automotive style light with both a torch and side spot light on it - it has a hook and hangs from my support bars in my hut. Was $9.99 and the charge last for 6+hrs.

FishFrenzy

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

yes we have quite a few around house as well if hydro goes out. one sitting beside bed, one beside electrical Panel etc. etc. think everyone gets the idea how inexpensive they are and how handy and how much light they give.