Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to take a disabled/challenged hunter out for spring turkey

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thumbs up I'd like to take a disabled/challenged hunter out for spring turkey

Hi Everybody,

My name is Chris and I live in downtown Toronto. I have a great, private turkey hunting spot just North of the city and its loaded with birds. This year I would like to take out a hunter who is disabled or challenged and doesn't have access to hunts like the rest of us. As long as they can ride in an SUV I am willing to pick them up and get them out to a blind and hopefully put them on some birds. If you or somebody you know would like an opportunity. Please let me know.. This is my first post BTW I will fill in my profile and add an email address. Cheers

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard, and kudos for doing what you intend to do. I have done this as well. I got permission to drive my argo right to the spot. I put up a blind and got my buddy situated, then parked the argo away from the blind. Don’t worry about the birds spooking away from an atv. I had a flock bypass us and go right up to the argo to check it out....too bad I parked it out of shotgun range !!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Ya If you get out early enough you can usually drive right up. Even later in the day if you give it some time to die down before you start calling. There are a lot of birds around lately (at least on opening day)

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Kudos to you Chris!
    Rod Embree
    KMG Hunting Safaris

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Good stuff man . Had a neighbour do that for me last spring . We knew were birds were from cameras , set up blind 3 days before then at 5 am we went back in bush in his side by side , dropped me out at blind , set up decoys & he parked s/s back in hiding & sat down to wait . As sun come up we could hear them talking in trees started a little yelping & down they come to decoys 5 toms 3 hens . Got mine 10 minutes into legal light , 21 lbs 9" beard & 1 1/2" Spurs at 33 yds with my old Mossberg bolt action 3 shot 12 ga & 2 3/4 # 5 rabbit round . Clean kill . Hadn't got one in 3 yrs till then . I thank him & remember like yesterday . Your doin a good thing man & hope you find someone up there or they find you .
    I'm 69 & crippled up with arthritis so ride a tricked up lawnmower where can & have letter to shoot from a stationary vehicle now so try myself this year using large golf umbrellas for blind . Luck man good to see good folks offering . If you have a local gun club there might be someone there . Hope you can tell by this post it meant a lot to me & hope you can find someone who feels the same .
    Last edited by rossh; February 9th, 2018 at 02:13 PM.
    ' This is God's country don't make it look like Hell '
    OFAH member

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

This is a good deed and I'm sure anyone you decide to take out will be thankfull. I wanted to do this myself but having troubles getting landowners to let us drive to the spots.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thats great brother, Congrats.. I like the lawnmower idea!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

If you ever need some help for example (pushing a wheelchair) and getting the person into position please let me know im willing to give you a had.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Just a pic of my off-road cub cadet ...also landowners don't feel your gonna tear up their fields ridding a lawnmower . Lolimage.jpg
    Last edited by rossh; February 9th, 2018 at 07:13 PM.
    OFAH member

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I also pull a lawn garden (green) steel wagon for hauling eguipment & game . Very low cost outfit . Luck
    OFAH member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast