Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ice Fishing is over

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Big Mac, there a lot more than just the LSC, don't forget the DR, erie down that way is usually pretty hot too. I have fished the DR in march, but water was dirty and cold, only managed 1. I would think mid april to get into them for sure. Wrastler I feel your pain, at least the snow is gone from the trap now.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huntnmachine View Post
    Here in the Windsor area we have a had a colder than normal winter with lot's of quality ice but the long range forecast is calling for mild and rainy weather for the next 14 days so today I packed away my clam and ice fishing gear for the season. I envy you folks that have good ice for another month or more.

Always hate to see the ice go, we just never know when it may return here in the sunny south
    I am already looking forward to Spring on the DR. That is the best part about visiting my in-laws in LaSalle - a short drive down Bouffard to the boat launch - LOL

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

Was on Simcoe today , out of willow beach and a good solid 12" of ice.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MAC View Post
    In the process of moving to Windsor, ( already have the house there ) and looking forward to fishing St. Clair this spring.
    Hit me up if you need any local advice or looking to get out...Im far from good but dont mind helping when I can....Dont forget Erie especially in the summer months we get great walleye and steelhead action out of Wheatley and Erieau. Detroit river spring Wally run is the best of the best...easy to have a 40 fish day when the bite is hot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12