Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapala Vortex 33cc Gas Auger

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Rapala Vortex 33cc Gas Auger

Any thoughts on this auger? Sail has them at a good price, just wondering if anyone has experience with them and what you think.

Smitty

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I have the Eskimo 33c. Same auger diff name I believe. Had it for 10 yrs. thousands of holes been great. Regular stuff for maintenance that's it. Lightest gas auger out there.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I have the Rapala Nitro 43 cc and love it. Starts easy and drills like a dream
    Buy it!!
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I also have the Rapala 43cc auger and it works fine.
    A good friend had the Eskimo 33cc. Had problems with the plastic gears in the recoil. Replaced it with an ION electric. I hardly ever use my auger now.
    If I was to buy again I would spend the extra & get an ION electric.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I bought the rapala 33 cc gas auger last month. I would spend a little extra and get the 43 cc. Find my 33 cc is a little under powered. Works well but bogs down sometimes on blue hard ice. Only issue i have is it has a lot of plastic parts and going into the backlakes it has taken a beating when bungy corded down in my sled. I Paid 350.00 plus tax.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I have the 10 inch 33 cc eskimo. Had it for I think 4 seasons now. I don't find it underpowered and I typically burn about a tank and a half a season. Fires up on first pull every time no matter the temp or how long the auger has sat.
    Things that fly turn me on

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Camocruzr View Post
    I have the Eskimo 33c. Same auger diff name I believe. Had it for 10 yrs. thousands of holes been great. Regular stuff for maintenance that's it. Lightest gas auger out there.
    If you can find it the lightest gas auger out there is by Husqvarna. It is 18 pounds. Last time I was able to find a place that sells it, the price tag is around 900 bucks. Very hard one to find as not many places can order them.

I got the Vortex about a month ago. Starts get and had no issues with it cutting holes. Put like about 50 holes with it and ice thickness between 24" to over 30" with no problems. As long as you keep blades shape you will have no problems cutting holes.
    Fishing is not an adventure, it's my life!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Canadian Tire in Ancaster has the 43 on for $299. That is half price and one heck of a deal. Not sure where you are though.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input guys. I found the Rapala Black Ice 43cc at Sail in Oshawa for$370. It was the last one they had in the display. Can't wait to give it a try.

Smitty

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Rapala augers are great! And if it's a smoking deal, jump on it. That being said, there are more than a handful of electric alternatives that, in my opinion, have more positive benefits than negative. It's worth taking a peek at.

Cheers, Kyle Legend Boats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast