Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 105

Thread: Is it time too start the woodcock watch thread?

  1. #31
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Down here near Windsor I can’t find many now, it seems they have moved on.
    Will they keep migrating in for a few more weeks??

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #32
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I don't know what's going on, the dogs haven't found a single bird yet...
    "The dog is Small Munsterlander, the gun is Beretta."
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" A. Saint-Exupery.

  4. #33
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mount Sweetness View Post
    Down here near Windsor I can’t find many now, it seems they have moved on.
    Will they keep migrating in for a few more weeks??
    I believe they haven't started yet.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  5. #34
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I had a handful down here around March 15th or so.
    They seem to have moved on.
    I will keep at it in other spots and see if they come in.

  6. #35
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mount Sweetness View Post
    I had a handful down here around March 15th or so.
    They seem to have moved on.
    I will keep at it in other spots and see if they come in.
    Think with this past steady north wind they may have dropped back down, With a switch of the wind and some warm rain should get them going. Really easter marks the time I see them here so still early.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  7. #36
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The nor'eastern weather they had in the south may have slowed things down a bit or changed their flight path altogether.......hopefully that is not the case.

  8. #37
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I find 2-3 Wednesday, nothing since and nothing before. Just north of Toronto.

  9. #38
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Well my daughter and I hit the woods behind the house this morning. I can confirm 6 woodcock flushes within 15 mins and I'm positive I heard at least 2 more while trying to walk through the thick stuff. All within 5 mins of walking from the back door. Happy spring!

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    "You don't own a cocker, you wear one"

  10. #39
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Been working the same two birds for a week .

  11. #40
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Well my daughter and I hit the woods behind the house this morning. I can confirm 6 woodcock flushes within 15 mins and I'm positive I heard at least 2 more while trying to walk through the thick stuff. All within 5 mins of walking from the back door. Happy spring!

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Dang if I don't find 'em soon here I'm coming to your place!
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •