Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Fishing is over

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Default Ice Fishing is over

Here in the Windsor area we have a had a colder than normal winter with lot's of quality ice but the long range forecast is calling for mild and rainy weather for the next 14 days so today I packed away my clam and ice fishing gear for the season. I envy you folks that have good ice for another month or more.

Always hate to see the ice go, we just never know when it may return here in the sunny south
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huntnmachine View Post
    Here in the Windsor area we have a had a colder than normal winter with lot's of quality ice but the long range forecast is calling for mild and rainy weather for the next 14 days so today I packed away my clam and ice fishing gear for the season. I envy you folks that have good ice for another month or more.

Always hate to see the ice go, we just never know when it may return here in the sunny south
    Hope it goes quick! The best fishing is yet to come !!

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I hear ya...Mitchells Bay today for the last time and now gonna get boat prepper for jiggin in the D...
    it was a good season on hardwater...

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

My last day at MB was sunday didn't do great but more than a meal. Was going to put stuff away but decided that I might get a chance to go north yet. Yes bring on open water. Just hope it doesn't just stay around the freezing mark to make just enough ice that can't get boat out.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

With the current weather here in Niagara, and the 14-day forecast more of the same, and still not receiving my replacement throttle for my auger, today I packed up and put away all my ice gear.
    Now I guess I just have to wait until I can get my fishing kayak out.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Is the walleye run in the DR going to be mid April to mid May ...or does it start earlier ?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Is the walleye run in the DR going to be mid April to mid May ...or does it start earlier ?
    Some hit the water the end of March until June. It depends on Ice conditions....

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    depends on water temp to induce spawning...could be earlier or later

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    My last day at MB was sunday didn't do great but more than a meal. Was going to put stuff away but decided that I might get a chance to go north yet. Yes bring on open water. Just hope it doesn't just stay around the freezing mark to make just enough ice that can't get boat out.
    I was thinking about plugging in some heaters and leaving them outside to help warm things up...Every morning look at the boat and tell it not to worry itll be getting wet soon enough just not today...

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

In the process of moving to Windsor, ( already have the house there ) and looking forward to fishing St. Clair this spring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast