Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: 28 Feb PC Leadership Debate

  1. #1
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default 28 Feb PC Leadership Debate

    I watched it last night, most made some pretty good points, unfortunately I think Caroline was not quite all together. Maybe a good cabinet minister, but not Premier material. I'd like to see Ford win but I could live with the other two.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Chris Elliot's "plum" appointment from Wynne isn't sitting well with many OPCP members which could hurt her. Mulroney is a sweety,but, a neophyte. No one knows the other candidate. That leaves Doug Ford as the last candidate with a reasonably high profile. I think him winning is a distinct possibility.
    It's better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.

  4. #3
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Mulroney disappointed. Certainly showed lack of experience in front of a camera. I think Elliot is the best chance being more in the center.
    Iím suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

  5. #4
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I think a vote for any of them is vote for more of the same. Has anyone of the leaders in this debate, despite what they are saying going to change the "Peoples Pledge" Platform. If they are publically stating they are going to do this (which I have not heard), then nothing will change. You will still get the Brown Platform, including carbon taxation, which is dependant on Carbon Taxation to fund it.

    I know there is no changing some of your concepts and party loyalty, but will the Conservatives give back your property right, does their plan include a business growth by cutting Carbon Tax, cutting your Hydro bill in half, getting rid of the most of the 380,000 regulations that hamper business growth.
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

  6. #5
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Doug owned it hands down. He put Elliot in her place and Mulroney looked like the low energy Jeb Bush of Ontario politics. Mulroney isn't even a true Canadian having been living in the US for the last 20 years. Now she wants to jump into Ontario politics? Eliot is a liberal flip flopper. Tanya on the other hand would make a good member of Doug's cabinet. Doug is the only clear choice unless you want to vote liberal again. Doug is the only one that has had a solid plan/platform from the get go. The others have been riding his coat tails and parrot what he says.

    I'm STILL waiting for my registration letter and at this rate I may not get to cast my vote for FordNation.
    Rick

  7. #6
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by last5oh_302 View Post
    Doug owned it hands down. He put Elliot in her place and Mulroney looked like the low energy Jeb Bush of Ontario politics. Mulroney isn't even a true Canadian having been living in the US for the last 20 years. Now she wants to jump into Ontario politics? Eliot is a liberal flip flopper. Tanya on the other hand would make a good member of Doug's cabinet. Doug is the only clear choice unless you want to vote liberal again. Doug is the only one that has had a solid plan/platform from the get go. The others have been riding his coat tails and parrot what he says.

    I'm STILL waiting for my registration letter and at this rate I may not get to cast my vote for FordNation.
    The registration deadline has been extended until Mar 5. Call them. Voting starts today.
    It's better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.

  8. #7
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    The registration deadline has been extended until Mar 5. Call them. Voting starts today.
    First I tried calling, and nobody was available, Last night I emailed Doug, and he actually got back to me stating if I don't get a PIN number today to let him know. I know the party has me listed because Mulroney's team sent me an email asking why I haven't registered yet. Hopefully my letter arrives today.
    Rick

  9. #8
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    There's not much point in making predictions with the cocked up voting system. Waited a week for my letter, scanned my driver's license, the on-line registration was mildly confusing and now I'm waiting again for a PIN only to have to go back online and vote if and when I get it. How many people are going to go through that process? Anything could happen.

  10. #9
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    If those are the only candidates we're guaranteed another 4 years of a Liberal majority. They pander to their tiny conservative base with their 30 year old platform. There complete neglect of modernizing their platform will cost them another election. In order to win you need to win Toronto and the four stooges up there will fail harder then Brown did.

  11. #10
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    2213 Bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    There's not much point in making predictions with the cocked up voting system. Waited a week for my letter, scanned my driver's license, the on-line registration was mildly confusing and now I'm waiting again for a PIN only to have to go back online and vote if and when I get it. How many people are going to go through that process? Anything could happen.
    I just sat down for an early lunch and to register, it looked fairly straight forward, enter the code, fill in the blanks and wait for confirmation. Joining though is a first for me, always try to vote and listen, but time to get more involved and the most corrupt and disgusting government in Ontario's history has to go.

    Voting Dates:March 2nd - March 8th
    Announcement Date:March 10th



    Once any of them start talking anyone with any brains and integrity would have to vote for any of them but in this age of emotionalism and post truth we see truth, integrity and responsibility are falling behind wishes, happy feelings and what ever the Libs are creating. Libs are also very good at creating fear and lying, we saw it in the last election and see the Libs starting months ago and then throw in spending the futures money to buy this years election so we will see if people care more about the realities or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •