Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updating an Astro 320

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

You have to update your Astro 320 to track the newer T5 's and T 15's . We have updated many without any issue. Glad to see the fraternity continues to use this valued technology.
    Director Peter Hill of Industry Canada has retired, however their policy against MURS frequency hunting aids, continues.
    Interesting if you read the Quebec regulations on the use of hounds on rabbits and coyotes, they encourage the use of telemetry and GPS tracking systems. Protect your hounds.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have a 320 unit that stopped working. It will not track any collar but will show my location on the map so GPS must work.

Tried updating but didn't help. Not sure what to try now. Have 2 other 320 units that haven't been updated ever, yet still work with no problems

I get 1000 yard range with mine with regular antenna or extended one, doesn't seem to make a difference

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Just starting out

User Info Menu

SongDog i would say one of the wire has broken off inside the unit for the antenna. Has the nut ever come loose on the connection you screw your antenna on?. I have seen on a buddy's where this has happen when screwing the antenna on it spun the connection and broke the wire off. Open the handheld up and see if the wire is broken you have nothing to lose as its already not working.
    FoxHound

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bodycount View Post
    SongDog i would say one of the wire has broken off inside the unit for the antenna. Has the nut ever come loose on the connection you screw your antenna on?. I have seen on a buddy's where this has happen when screwing the antenna on it spun the connection and broke the wire off. Open the handheld up and see if the wire is broken you have nothing to lose as its already not working.
    Try switching antenna's from the other units.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12