Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64

Thread: Ood big gobbler contest sign up & rules

  1. #51
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkeyjohn View Post
    Question Tom, I always take my boy out with his apprentice license, if he gets a bird on my tag, can I enter it for him if itís worthy??

    TurkeyJohn


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If needed, can I officially sign him up, TurkeyWesley....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #52
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    [QUOTE=Turkeyjohn;1057747]Question Tom, I always take my boy out with his apprentice license, if he gets a bird on my tag, can I enter it for him if itís worthy??
    Never had this come up before. Since he is using your tag as an apprentice and your giving up your tag, I don't see this as a problem. I encourage youth to get out and thats the hole point of the contest. So im going to say yes your good to go. If anyone on the forum that doesn't think that this is ok, please contact me or send me a PM before the contest starts. Anytime after that im sticking to my decision.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

  4. #53
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    [QUOTE=Turkeyjohn;1057748]If needed, can I officially sign him up, TurkeyWesley....

    I dont want to confuse things, just keep it under your name for now. If you want to save me the hassle because i'm sure someone will complain just make him a forum member and post 25 times and sign him up with know headaches LOL
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

  5. #54
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    [QUOTE=tom gobble;1057760]
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkeyjohn View Post
    If needed, can I officially sign him up, TurkeyWesley....

    I dont want to confuse things, just keep it under your name for now. If you want to save me the hassle because i'm sure someone will complain just make him a forum member and post 25 times and sign him up with know headaches LOL
    Iíll keep it under me unless someone has issue... Iíd like to keep him as disconnected as possible as long as I can... thanks for doing the contest again,

    TurkeyJohn


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #55
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I total understand and don't blame you LOL I hope theres more people like you that are taking there young ones out and enjoying our great outdoors. I took one of my daughters out a couple of years ago at the age of three. She ended up calling in a big tom and a bunch of turkeys behind him. As i'm getting my crossbow ready she stands out of the blind and tells them they could go home now LOL they all flew off, but the memories will never fly away thats for sure. If i have time ill post a vid of her calling and saying the turkeys are gobbling LOL
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

  7. #56
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    I total understand and don't blame you LOL I hope theres more people like you that are taking there young ones out and enjoying our great outdoors. I took one of my daughters out a couple of years ago at the age of three. She ended up calling in a big tom and a bunch of turkeys behind him. As i'm getting my crossbow ready she stands out of the blind and tells them they could go home now LOL they all flew off, but the memories will never fly away thats for sure. If i have time ill post a vid of her calling and saying the turkeys are gobbling LOL
    Now thatís a memory, Kids eh!!!

    I had Wes in a blind at about 5 or 6, Tom and a Hen coming in but hang up... I get out of the blind to close the distance using bushes for cover...Tom jumps up over the hen giving me the clear shot when he sets down. I blast him, look back to the blind and Wes has his head out waving. Says he got the birds where Dad could shoot them....

    Hooked from then and still now...

    TJ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #57
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    I total understand and don't blame you LOL I hope theres more people like you that are taking there young ones out and enjoying our great outdoors. I took one of my daughters out a couple of years ago at the age of three. She ended up calling in a big tom and a bunch of turkeys behind him. As i'm getting my crossbow ready she stands out of the blind and tells them they could go home now LOL they all flew off, but the memories will never fly away thats for sure. If i have time ill post a vid of her calling and saying the turkeys are gobbling LOL
    Here is the vid but you cant hear the gobbles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs-fr-xMVBQ
    Last edited by tom gobble; April 13th, 2018 at 09:34 PM.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

  9. #58
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    Here is the vid but you cant hear the gobbles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs-fr-xMVBQ
    Great to see and she calls as good as I've seen some hunters call....TJ

  10. #59
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkeyjohn View Post
    Great to see and she calls as good as I've seen some hunters call....TJ
    What ever she did seem to work. The only thing she did wrong was tell them to go home LOL
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

  11. #60
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I am in! It's turkey time.......
    ihunt

    "life is 80% preparation and 20% perspiration"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •