Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122

Thread: Some chatter on new gun bill

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Try thinking out of the box for just a minute,think in terms of per capita use, we are the highest by far.If we sell oil to China or America do you think they will put it in a museum OR burn it off.We are the biggest fuel hogs for our own use and maybe the worse polluters for what we export to others.If you think fossil fuel use is only one factor towards global warming you are buying into your own bs.IMHO
    Your assertion never said anything about per capita use. It made a flat statement about Canada being the biggest user of fossil fuels which just isn't true. Again, lumping our exports into our CO2 emissions by fossil fuels is disingenuous because you aren't doing it with any other country which exports oil. Bring figures to support your claim that by adding oil exports into our CO2 emissions this will make us the worst polluters on the planet but do it for every single country. Back up your claim with facts, not conjecture.

As for your statement about buying my own bs. Please re-read what I wrote. I accept fossil fuel consumption is a factor. I never disputed that. I also leave open the possibility that it isn't the major factor. Leaving open the possibility that fossil fuel consumption isn't the major factor is not the same as denying fossil fuel consumption is a factor.

IMHO, when you post you have a lot of complaints about how other countries are better than Canada (gun control for example). I would encourage you to move to one of them because you seem to like the way other countries are run compared to Canada. I won't apologize for how we live in this country. I certainly won't put up with a fellow Canadian bad mouthing it.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

U.S. military guns mailed in unlocked case to Toronto Bombardier facility - delivered by FedEx to the wrong receiver

It is truly gratifying to learn how effective our border services are in stopping shipments of illegal firearm. This is precisely why no amount of gun control is ever likely to provide for public safety. This was only half of the delivery, which was misdirected. The other half of the shipment may have actually reached who it was intended for. If I lived in Toronto, I might start to feel a little uneasy. Moving from handguns to fully automatic assault rifle is quite an evolution. If I was Ralph, I might just want to raise the alert level to its highest point. How many more of these shipments has FedEx made and to who?

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dythbringer View Post
    Your assertion never said anything about per capita use. It made a flat statement about Canada being the biggest user of fossil fuels which just isn't true. Again, lumping our exports into our CO2 emissions by fossil fuels is disingenuous because you aren't doing it with any other country which exports oil. Bring figures to support your claim that by adding oil exports into our CO2 emissions this will make us the worst polluters on the planet but do it for every single country. Back up your claim with facts, not conjecture.

As for your statement about buying my own bs. Please re-read what I wrote. I accept fossil fuel consumption is a factor. I never disputed that. I also leave open the possibility that it isn't the major factor. Leaving open the possibility that fossil fuel consumption isn't the major factor is not the same as denying fossil fuel consumption is a factor.

IMHO, when you post you have a lot of complaints about how other countries are better than Canada (gun control for example). I would encourage you to move to one of them because you seem to like the way other countries are run compared to Canada. I won't apologize for how we live in this country. I certainly won't put up with a fellow Canadian bad mouthing it.
    Nobody bad mouthed Canada, this is just a little side issue you have thrown in.You have zero say into my opinions or should I say sway. Its really pretty simple to work out,except for you.We have a cold climate for most of the country,we use a tremendous amount of electricity,we drive great distances.In other words we are pretty unique Worldwide for our excessive use of fuels.The gun control issue is another "red herring" you have thrown into the mix.The only person you can speak for is yourself I get my opinion and my vote on the issue.If you would care to now share with the other readers my bad opinion of Canada by previous posts fire away.I suspect
    you will be firing more blanks.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Couple of things have been bothering me, there has been quite a few supposed target shooting lately, in the GTA. Then there was the delivery of fully automatic rifles to Bombardier, by FedEx. I’m not sure how many times FedEx miss directs shipments, I would think, however, their reputation would go out the window if it should happen a lot. So possibly this particular shipment wasn’t misdirected at all. Maybe there is an insider in the receiving department who was to pick up the shipment, but missed the second part, or it was their a day off when the second part of the order arrive. It would be quite a front to have Bombardier as a receiver. I could see border security waving such shipment straight on through, without giving it a second thought. It would make quite a conduit, especially if there’s an insider on the other end employed by FedEx.

The number of targeted shootings recently is a bit of a puzzlement, but what if the cell is attempting to rebuild it’s arsenal after the police scooped their 33 handguns in the earlier raid.
    Now the cell is targeting local firearm traffickers to rebuild their repository of guns. The meet,
    of course, turns violent because they are attempting to reenforce the idea that dead people tell
    no tales.

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

... as for the effectiveness of new laws....

Uzi sub-machine gun seized from Brampton home near Kennedy and Williams Parkway
    https://www.bramptonguardian.com/new...liams-parkway/