Thread: Beaverton ice conditions?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Beaverton ice conditions?

My plan was to go out from beaverton on Friday afternoon and saturday. Does anyone know what the ice is like and if its safe for a sled? How is the shoreline near Floyd hales?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
    Things that fly turn me on

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Haven't been but heard shorelines have tightened up and colder overnight temps on their way.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I was there on Friday, the ice was good, the shoreline good and the fishing excellent!

Obviously, it might not be like that everywhere but this is the condition where I went. We were traveling in sled and side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Nice job on the fish! I will be chasing the perch. Based on your post I am probably going to bring the sled also.

Thanks

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

toddy, you might want to check out the Lake Simcoe forum, could have a little better info, I'm headed out for perch tomorrow out of Willow Beach, sounds like lots of ice still there, 12" - 15" it is just getting on and off.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

The lake is in the best shape I've seen in all year. Smooth as can be, and just enough snow for the sled. I haven't been out of beaverton, but I can't see it being any problem at all. Its been cold here every night for a week now. I was on 18-20" of ice everywhere we drilled the last 2 days, and it will be fine for weeks to come too.

S.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I took a drive up yesterday afternoon to check things out. You wouldn't have gotten an atv or sled on the ice right where the vehicles drive on the ice and park as there was three feet of open water and shotty ice for about the first 10 ft. However if you walk about 120 yards south of that there was a reliable access point. just have to follow the shoreline.

I don't think I will be getting out as planned. kids are getting in the way (2 and half and one year old).

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Yeah, beaverton wouldn't be my first choice for access to late ice. Its the busiest port on the lake in the winter, so it takes a beating. Every other access I've been to from port bolster to VB has been good. Great running on the sled, best i've had all year, and tons of great ice. Its only making more now too.

S.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sinker View Post
    Yeah, beaverton wouldn't be my first choice for access to late ice. Its the busiest port on the lake in the winter, so it takes a beating. Every other access I've been to from port bolster to VB has been good. Great running on the sled, best i've had all year, and tons of great ice. Its only making more now too.

S.
    We are making ice for sure. I checked Oro 7 on Monday and to access the lake with a sled wasn't possible but it was no issue at all yesterday afternoon for one more feed of whities.