View Poll Results: Do you hunt jake wild turkeys?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 74.68%
  • No

20 25.32%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polling our reader - April 2018

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    feels wrong ??? How so
    That's what I'm asking. Is there a perception that hunting Jakes makes you less of a hunter? Does one believe it takes more skill to take a Tom?
    For me neither statement holds true.
    Some of my most entertaining hunts ended with a nice Jake on the ground.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Every time...
    Fish wait for no man

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I’d much rather take a Jake. I have passed up big gobblers to take one.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Hummmmmm........ 30% claim not to hunt jakes however 100% of the comments are pro Jake. Guess no one wants to commit to never taking a Jake. I'm sure there is the odd one that would choose to eat tag soup then pop a Jake but not 30%.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    I'm sure there is the odd one that would choose to eat tag soup then pop a Jake but not 30%.
    Probably the same percentage that would let a Spike Horn walk and eat tag soup..

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Big spurs and long beards are terrible table fare. LOL

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Yes!! I would take a Jake!!
    "No one's interested in something you didn't do"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    A jake in the hand is worth two toms in the bush.
    I like it!

I passed on a Jake early last season because there was a big Tom close by. He never gave me a shot. The same scenario occurred towards the end of the season and I wasn't passing up the shot.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hi everyone. First post.
    I clicked no as i dont go out to hunt a jake, have passed on a jake and had some of my best hunts while having jakes in front of me. I dont mean any disrespect to anyone who shoots a jake, as i have also and prefer them for the deep fryer! But like the added challenge of getting a wise old tom in close. Thats what i plan to do everytime I go out...And that does not happen everytime I go out! I think if the question was do you shoot jakes or would you shoot a jake would maybe get different responses? Just my 2 cents.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by choclab View Post
    Hi everyone. First post.
    I clicked no as i dont go out to hunt a jake, have passed on a jake and had some of my best hunts while having jakes in front of me. I dont mean any disrespect to anyone who shoots a jake, as i have also and prefer them for the deep fryer! But like the added challenge of getting a wise old tom in close. Thats what i plan to do everytime I go out...And that does not happen everytime I go out! I think if the question was do you shoot jakes or would you shoot a jake would maybe get different responses? Just my 2 cents.
    If it read tag soup or Jake why would it make a difference? Sure all of us want that huge tom or 10 point buck but if you punch that tag on anything else than you should respond yup I hunt jakes. Think for most respondents its a bit of vanity to claim you only hunt toms. Like I said earlier there may be the odd one out there but not the 25% plus as claimed.
    Computer savy guys out there must be a source to the harvest stats collected as to the number of toms vs jakes taken. Would love to see actual take as compared to what's claimed.
    Last edited by finsfurfeathers; April 5th, 2018 at 02:04 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast