Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brotherhood of Hunters

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    I am not naive,and not expecting miracles-BUT if we all do just a bit of "brotherly"respect and "i do not have to be always right"and "i have to say the last word"we can be a better brotherhood.

Thank You for listening

gbk
    You must have missed it? We had a huge group hug a few weeks back. All is good now?
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I notice one thing on here.

It's the same 5-8 people bickering in every thread. They post ZERO hunting related stories or pictures. Just useless crap they can troll others with.

I have refrained from posting 95% of my hunting stuff because I think there are a lot of antis on here just using this forum to further their liberal agenda

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    I notice one thing on here.

It's the same 5-8 people bickering in every thread. They post ZERO hunting related stories or pictures. Just useless crap they can troll others with.

I have refrained from posting 95% of my hunting stuff because I think there are a lot of antis on here just using this forum to further their liberal agenda

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Great post GBK...this is why I have been on other forums lately and check back here only randomly, dont need to get drawn into online fights...nobody willing to share fishing reports and everyone questions your hunt if you dont include every bit of info or show a picture with a clearly marked tag on your deer etc. I made sure to post pics with tags up close to avoid the antagonists but dont feel I should have to. Unfortunately I wasnt attacked for tags but questioned on other aspects of the hunt I didnt feel the need to include in my write-up.

Im all for open discussion and debate, we need that to be able to see all sides of the coin but we dont need the personal attacks and armchair lawyers throwing poop every chance they get....Get out and hunt or fish!

Dont forget to congratulate the successful hunters and anglers!

User Info Menu

Internet, just like emails, is impersonal. No need to be nice or respectful as long as you say "Hi" and "Best regards". Some people have Thanks and Best of regards attached to their signature, must means so much to them.... You can work with someone for years without talking, no clue of the age, back ground, sex or whatever would give you a better understanding of someone opinions, way of working, feelings or else.

I don't think arguing is an issue at all though, that what makes a thread more interesting as long as we don't hold a grudge at someone. This is what I see in this forum, a few of us disagree once (i.e. for politics) and then disagree all the time, even for hunting subjects. This is plenty stupid, if you don't get along about something, fine piece, get over it and play nice again. I caught myself been like that once in a while but then you think that life is too short for been an idiot. Have a cookie and move on.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Internet message boards rarely involve peaceful discussion in every thread.

That said, there are "hunters" I have no respect for whatsoever and certainly wouldn't want to be associated with them (not referring to anyone here in particular, just in general). If I want to argue a point I will do so. They are not my "brother". There are bad apples in every group, and hunting is no different.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You can agree and get a long great with other users 95 out of 100 threads, but people only remember the 5 threads you disagreed with someone.

Don't post about hunts or fishing here just because it's not worth it. Karen does not even look at the board anymore. She will not tell me why, but somebody said something to her I think.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

What other forums are good to check out? Anything for Ontario / Canada?

User Info Menu

I just finished posting on another thread about rebuilding campers. Spent a good hour trying to post some pics, as i was looking fwd to sharing my little story with like minded individuals. As I was doing that, it occurred to me, "man, this is what this site is supposed to be all about". Sharing stories and helpful info to our fellow hunters and fishers? So, having said this, I do hereby proclaim that I will forever refrain from discussing politics and associated social issues on this site from this point on!
    Together, each of us can bring this place back to some sanity?
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    I have joined the Forum may years ago,after being only user for years.
    I have learned many things from many threads,and from many members,for which i am great full,and which ideas -experiences and advises made me a better hunter.

I have seen occasionally bickering and in fight among members,related to certain topics.

Lately it is getting increasingly overwhelming,the way i see it.
    Maybe i am right-maybe i am wrong,but that is how it comes across ,to me.

There have been at least 3 threads in the short while where there was a significant amount of slightl or not even topic related "exhange of opinions or beliefs"with a lot of "heat"behind the posts submitted .
    We just need to look up the Gerald Stanley-Okotoks and Stephen Hawking threads.

I am no different or"better" than any of us here........I am trying to write this thread as "humble"as i can ,to avoid ppl thinking i am preaching......I am also clear i can not tell no one what to do or what not to do!

But-can we not be just plain and simple BROTHERHOOD of HUNTERS?

Like:
    Avoid wording in posting which may offend others-listen carefully to others,reply waiting maybe a bit before replying, so to take away the "I am hurt so i will figth back" factor,and try to reply with reasonable respect brother would talk to a brother.

Doing all this ,while having fun...........After all ,hunting suppose to be fun,and related activities should be fun also......

I am not naive,and not expecting miracles-BUT if we all do just a bit of "brotherly"respect and "i do not have to be always right"and "i have to say the last word"we can be a better brotherhood.

Thank You for listening

gbk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jems View Post
    What other forums are good to check out? Anything for Ontario / Canada?
    If you want to talk gundogs/ hunting there is no better forum then "The Gun dog forum".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast