Thread: The Black and Tans I ended up getting.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default The Black and Tans I ended up getting.

A couple weeks ago I made a thread saying I was looking for a couple Black and Tan Coonhounds to run on bears. Well, I ended up getting some that were 8 months old and hand just lived in a kennel. They had seen a caged coon once I believe but that was it. I drove down from Peterborough to Michigan to get them. I've had them for a week and a half and although I've trained them for at least an hour almost every day since I got them, I'm really happy with how fast they're progressing, it's great. Can't wait to get them on a track. Here is a video I put together showing myself training them a little bit. This was only 3 or 4 days ago and they're already doing a lot better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q14gQlDYdDE

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Glad you found a couple of nice dogs, they look healthy and happy.
    They are gonna pick things up quick, the more you put in the more you get out.
    Keep us updated, congrats.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Sweetness View Post
    Glad you found a couple of nice dogs, they look healthy and happy.
    They are gonna pick things up quick, the more you put in the more you get out.
    Keep us updated, congrats.
    Thanks! And will do!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Elite Member

User Info Menu

God I love hounds
    "You don't own a cocker, you wear one"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Those are a couple of keen pups. With your training I'm sure they will be great.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brisuther View Post
    Those are a couple of keen pups. With your training I'm sure they will be great.
    Thankyou! They're coming along great so far.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Kool video. I’m currently looking for a coon hound pup. Not sure if I’m going to go for a blue tick or walker. Do you ever hunt with the boys from Fast Track Kennels?

Dustin

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have had two Redbones in my time here that we used for Deer. Great dogs, love the 'Tongue'. They were a little too fast for the Camp setup, a Red Bone could push a deer across 400 acres in a blink of an eye. The camp next to us to shoot a lot of the deer my dog would push down to them.

They used to ruin bow hunts for me. I'd be out back about a mile or so and back up at the farm, my wife would forget I was out hunting and let them out of the back room before supper and they would instantly get on my scent and run back to visit me. They could follow my foot tracks even when wearing rubber boots, amazing noses.

Good luck with them, they look like fine dogs.
    Last edited by MikePal; June 6th, 2018 at 06:14 AM.