Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 137

Thread: New Tag format Next Year ?

  1. #11
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    So how many times can you print out the tag.
    Printed tags will have security codes built in for enforcement purposes and so that a purchased tag can only be used once, as intended

    As per previous post -# 3

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I guess this also means the service fee will be eliminated eh . . . pffffft
    Things that fly turn me on

  4. #13
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I cant see MNRF officers driving around with portable scanners checking if the tag was already used.
    This system will work only if mendatory phone in with in a certain time after the kill.


    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post

  5. #14
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The computer program will prevent more than one printing.

  6. #15
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gunter View Post
    I cant see MNRF officers driving around with portable scanners checking if the tag was already used.
    This system will work only if mendatory phone in with in a certain time after the kill.
    I think mandatory reporting was part of the changes as well...

  7. #16
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    • Printed tags will have security codes built in for enforcement purposes and so that a purchased tag can only be used once, as intended

    As per previous post -# 3
    Print to PDF, print out over and over again.

    I like the manditory registration via the phone or internet, without a tag with you and the animal or being registered that may be a way to keep people from better hiding the poaching.

  8. #17
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I think mandatory reporting was part of the changes as well...
    Yes Rick..(same link I gave earlier)

    HUNTER HARVEST REPORTING – what we know so far:
    Harvest reporting is a very important piece of the information puzzle when it comes to sustainable fish and wildlife management. The MNRF needs this information to support research, to accompany population modelling and to develop harvest quotas. The idea is to collect the information by electronic device (computer, smartphone, telephone) rather than by mail.
    Details…
    • Mailed-in postcard surveys will be coming to an end (they will still be mailed out in 2018)
    • ALL hunters who purchase a licence for moose, elk, white-tailed deer, wolf/coyote, wild turkey and black bear will be required to provide information whether they harvested an animal or not, and even if they didn’t end up hunting
    • If you do not complete the report, you may not be able to purchase a licence the following year. The new regulations coming into effect on January 1, 2019 allow the government to refuse to issue a licence to a hunter who did not report in the previous year, but the details related to the consequences of not reporting have not yet been finalized
    • The MNRF will communicate with hunters (via email) to remind them of deadlines and mandatory reporting
    • The OFAH has been pushing for a phased-in approach to allow hunters to adapt to the new system (i.e. not have severe consequences immediately), and to share harvest reporting results with hunters as well as how they are using the information in wildlife management
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  9. #18
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    So how many times can you print out the tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    The computer program will prevent more than one printing.
    Crap..don't tell him that... I wanted to see Gilroy print out 246 copies of the same tag and see what that accomplished other than running out of ink...LOL...
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  10. #19
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Crap..don't tell him that... I wanted to see Gilroy print out 246 copies of the same tag and see what that accomplished other than running out of ink...LOL...
    Fair enough so far but I was thinking about copies in case one gets lost,destroyed.If this ONE paper copy is all that we get their is bound to be problems not least of which plenty of people don,t even have a printer.

  11. #20
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Print to PDF, print out over and over again.

    I like the manditory registration via the phone or internet, without a tag with you and the animal or being registered that may be a way to keep people from better hiding the poaching.
    My point exactly,its a paper tag and once printed can be copied,same security code on both.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •