Thread: Venison Roast

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Default Venison Roast

What is your favourite venison roast recipe. I am looking to surprise my hunt camp buddies this fall with a new roast venison recipe

Thanks
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

For an easy one.....
    Crockpot.......1/4 cup of orange juice and one french onion soup mix.... a few pounds of venison and you are good to go.....
    8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high....tastes great and is very simple.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Orange juice? Need to try that. I have heard of using Coca Cola too.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huntnmachine View Post
    What is your favourite venison roast recipe. I am looking to surprise my hunt camp buddies this fall with a new roast venison recipe

Thanks
    I actually prefer to chunk it up and make it into a stew.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Put some small stabs in the roast and fill with whole garlic cloves. Put the roast in a zip lock bag and make your favourite marinade. Club house makes some easy ones or Google a few. I like using red wine in mine. Marinate for 24-48 hours rotating the bag every once in awhile. Roast low and slow in the oven to desired doneness.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Smoked roast, got the recipe on line, might have been from here, can't find it. Here what I do. Put roast in freezer bag, put several ounces of teriyaki sauce, lots of montreal steak spice, garlic and pepper. Put in fridge for up to 4 hours, turning whenever possible. Dry roast off well. rub with more of the same spices. Bring smoker up to between 210 and 220 I use apple wood. Put roast in cook till internal temperature 150F, about 4hours. Let stand and enjoy.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Co-incidentally, I had a roast out of the freezer thawing yesterday. I had already search the web and had settled on a Beer Braised Venison Roast. I took the roast to my parent's took cook, my mother kept telling that it was a lot of liquid, she has never braised anything and the idea was foreign to her. Keeping with the German trend mentioned in the recipie I used a Waterloo Dark Lager. The whole meal was excellent, my parent and aunt all loved it, when my mother and aunt go back for second helpings, it is good. The meat was very tender, fork tender. My mother had mentioned that it was a fairly large roast... We are going to have leftovers... hardly enough for a couple of sandwiches.
    I highly recommend this recipie, it will be a 'go too in my future. https://www.curiouscuisiniere.com/be...venison-roast/

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

That sounds good will try this, I can only see one problem. I do like the waterloo dark so be hard to put that anywhere but in my mouth.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Call me old school.
    I love the taste of venison and moose meat as is.
    Roast, water, salt, pepper, potatoes and carrots works for me.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.