Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ood big gobbler contest leaderboard and official spot to post your score & pics

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

ADVERTISEMENT
    [QUOTE=Turkeyjohn;1059235]It’s a great little derby, friendly competition adds to the season...thanks for doing..
    My pleasure, thanks for the kind words
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

My second year hunting turkey and my second bird. Hopefully I can keep the streak going next year.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tyroneshoolace View Post
    My second year hunting turkey and my second bird. Hopefully I can keep the streak going next year.

Great bird what a monster, unfortunately you didn't sign up for the contest. Big hooks on that guy congrats
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

No problem, I didn't realize I had to register.

Thanks for the kind comments he was a big boy.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

On the board finally! Toms are starting to disperse in my area. Got in early, set up a jake and laydown hen, and had 5 - 6 gobblers start to sound off, in three different locations around me. This was going to be good, as I was right in the middle. Let them gobble, crows really got them going, then the first few hen yelps, so I joined in. On the second pull of my pot call, I almost jumped out of my boots, as I got an answer from a hen that was roosted in a tree almost right above me. Pool-poook-boook-poook, on and on she went with the loud alarm calls. Head bobbing, trying to get a look and see what I was. All the gobbling and helping stopped. Time stood still. I froze, no more calling, no movement. Eventually she calmed down, and stayed roosted. Toms started to fly down, and I couldn't call. Luckily one came close enough to see my decoys, fanned, strutted, moved closer, fanned some more, then walked right in. 3.5" of Federal's 3rd Degree ended the morning around 6:30am. With the shot the tom dropped, the hen flushed, and the woods was silent.

20.5 lbs, 9" beard, 1" spurs, beauty fan.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Congrats Lenny and cool story, good thing you didn't have an itch....

TurkeyJohn

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Nice bird Lenny congrats, your score is a total of 85 according to your measurements. But i would measure that beard again it looks like the beard is longer. Take the measurement again if you still have the beard and measure it to the longest hair and take a pic

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Tom, you were right. I remeasured the beard once I cut it off, and there are a few longer hairs as shown in the pic below. So I guess it should be 9.5"
    [IMG][/IMG]

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Your new score Lenny is a total of 87.5.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Your new score Lenny is a total of 87.5

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast