Thread: Women attcked by Black Bear in her back yard

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Women attcked by Black Bear in her back yard

ADVERTISEMENT
    https://www.sootoday.com/local-news/...ay-road-908350

Probably the Same Sow with 3 cubs that was reported earlier this week on Old Goulais Bay Road.

This is the Second attack on a women in 1.5 years here in Sault Ste. Marie. Both incidents were after dark and taking their dog out before going to bed.

https://saultonline.com/2018/04/seco...tack-reported/

Another Bear Attack - Dog with life threatening injuries.
    Last edited by BPR 30-06; April 30th, 2018 at 02:47 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Crap that must be one of the most terrifying experiences a human can endure...
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Walking a dog after dark in Black Bear country isn't the wisest decision this time of year when sows likely have cubs in tow. The same thing happened to my buddy's wife last week north of Havelock. Although,she wasn't attacked,it sure let her know to keep her distance.
    Sometimes,Karma sends an ex back into your life to see if you're still stupid.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Walking a dog after dark in Black Bear country isn't the wisest decision this time of year when sows likely have cubs in tow. .
    What would you suggest they do? This is the north? People live here? It could have easily been a kid coming home from basket ball practice?

As of a week or so ago, my shotgun with with 000 buck next to it, is right close to the door. And believe me, it's not trigger locked!
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    What would you suggest they do? This is the north? People live here? It could have easily been a kid coming home from basket ball practice?

As of a week or so ago, my shotgun with with 000 buck next to it, is right close to the door. And believe me, it's not trigger locked!
    Pick and choose the timing better might help. It doesn't get dark early anymore,right?. It's better to see what's going on than to be taken by surprise. My buddy and his wife take a shotgun with them with bear bangers in one pocket and slugs in the other.
    Sometimes,Karma sends an ex back into your life to see if you're still stupid.