Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats going on

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Whats going on

WHATS GOING ON ! I find it hard to believe NO one is harvesting any birds or your not posting your pics or your not posting your scores for the contest. Theres no point of a forum if you don't share your experiences.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

yep been pretty quiet here but the weather is getting better so things should improve...

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I was wondering the same thing...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The cold weather we were having has really shut down the birds around here. I have only heard a few hen calls during the past 6 days of hunting. This warmer weather should get everything moving!

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I found it to be the same the woods are really quite this and not seeing as many birds as usaul

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

We got 3 in the first 2 days. My 14 year old got his first ever, a triple bearded jake. I got a big Tom at my farm on the Thursday. I didn’t weigh any t or measure the beard but he was a stud.

More turkeys than usual it seems, saw a group of 15 yesterday out back by my blind yesterday. Most were male.

87AC4DB0-33D6-40A1-9A4E-F3BD02E59D16.jpg

97FF85BB-5D95-4EF9-8EEC-102F4D4E3F37.jpg

254ADE7B-E147-4649-98CE-FC273D292210.jpg

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Right on Mtaz...you're on the birds Buddy!!

TurkeyJohn

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeyjohn View Post
    Right on Mtaz...you're on the birds Buddy!!

TurkeyJohn
    Finally, nothing last year. We got 2 new farms this year so that helped. Also got my first one ever at my place. Saw him walking out back, ran through the bush, stood behind a tree and he came within 15yds. That’s the big Tom. 3 minute hunt.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

It's no surprise to me that turkey numbers and reports are down this year. As I previously reported, we had an almost 98% nesting failure in the north half of WMU 75 and 60 last year due to the record wet spring. I was seeing flocked adult hens by late July, with zero poults, so the second nesting attempt even failed. We had about 85 turkeys at our bird feeders (my house and my friends) and we counted one young of the year hen. The only standing crop left this spring are adult birds in my area. The biggest part of the spring harvest is jakes, which are almost completely absent in my area. There's a substantially smaller pool of birds to hunt this year, and the ones that are out there are educated yearling + birds. No silly jakes making mistakes at the decoys this spring where we're hunting. Anyone else seeing the same deal in their hunting area?

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mtaz View Post
    We got 3 in the first 2 days. My 14 year old got his first ever, a triple bearded jake. I got a big Tom at my farm on the Thursday. I didn’t weigh any t or measure the beard but he was a stud.

More turkeys than usual it seems, saw a group of 15 yesterday out back by my blind yesterday. Most were male.

87AC4DB0-33D6-40A1-9A4E-F3BD02E59D16.jpg

97FF85BB-5D95-4EF9-8EEC-102F4D4E3F37.jpg

254ADE7B-E147-4649-98CE-FC273D292210.jpg
    What a team, way to go! Special congratulations to your son. Y'know that in 4 or 5 years he'll be teaching you, don't ya?
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast