Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stopping loose heads

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Stopping loose heads

What do you use on thread to keep Broadheads and Field Tips from loosening from the arrow/bolt?
    Used Loctite Blue in the past which I was happy with but have to clean threads if moving head to new arrow or bolt.
    Read string or bees wax works well.
    One Shot = One Kill

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I don`t use anything.... When I am sitting waiting for game to come by, I just check them and if loose turn to tighten them by hand... I guess I do this often enough that it is never been an issue.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

i always just check them, but if you want put a dab of lock tight on the threads.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Some broadhead manufacturers supply lock washers, if you can get the correct size this would work great for this purpose. You would have to sight in again though and check how the bow groups as you are adding weight now and depending on the washer specification your weight tolerance may not be great.

Google McMaster Carr and check out lock washers there, this is a go to place for hardware where I work, it is really easy to sort through a lot of hardware to find out what you need.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

My field points used to do this a lot, I put string wax on the threads and hasn't been a problem since.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have seen some archers using small O rings or some have used a single wrap of Teflon tape.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

When needed, I use Teflon tape.
    It is clean & easy to use. And, it fills the thread gaps evenly, & thus maintains the arrow head properly aligned.
    “Think safety first and then have a good hunt.”
    - Tom Knapp -

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I check mine before I load it

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    I have seen some archers using small O rings or some have used a single wrap of Teflon tape.
    At one time you could buy flat rubber washers or a stainless steel spring washer made for this. I may still have some left. Bought these from Anderson in Michigan, some of you old timers should remember this bow shop.
    Experience is what you gain when you didn't get what you wanted.

Many are called but only a few are chosen.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I always used string wax as well, works great.
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast