Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help please

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default help please

ADVERTISEMENT
    The MNR has placed beaver traps in the Komoka ponds in London. Apparently the beaver are interfering with the new sewer lines installed for the nearby new subdivision. - raising the height of the water or something.

I assume you trappers would know what kind of trap the MNR would use. I would like instructions on how to release a trap from from the dog's leg if that should happen. Even a google pic would be really helpful. My dogs like to swim in those ponds.

Traps will be removed at some point, but highly unlikely they will be able to find them all imo.

Thanks you for your help.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Their head traps, keep your dogs away. Their’s a $5,000.00 fine for interfering with a trap. I know, my neighbour killed my dog.
    Last edited by Greenhorn; May 5th, 2018 at 03:59 PM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

These would be killing traps and should be underwater...best bet us to keep all digs away unroll thy are done.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Thanks , I do plan to do that but I find it hard to believe they will be able to find and remove ALL of them when the time comes.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Oh no, I take my dog there swimming during the summer. Hopefully they don’t leave any behind. That’s scary with all the people and there pets that use the area.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Traps are expensive. He won’t leave any behind. They are well tied to branches with heavy wires. Keep your dogs away and safe. Good luck
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Traps are expensive. He won’t leave any behind. They are well tied to branches with heavy wires. Keep your dogs away and safe. Good luck
    ^What he said.^

There was an article in the Free Press a couple weeks ago about it. Also all over social media. Of course there is the usual rhetoric about the need to live trap and relocate, instead of erradicate, from all the usual suspects.

http://lfpress.com/news/local-news/b...pset-parkgoers
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

The cony bears are expensive and are usually used under water, but they also use them in a box with a wire mesh back. Two people or a special tool needed to open them.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Very likely set by a trapper.Ive done it for the MNR and i have a freind that traps a lot for them.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Kill the beavers ,save the wolf's eating all the caribuo lol.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast