Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help please

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    The MNR has placed beaver traps in the Komoka ponds in London. Apparently the beaver are interfering with the new sewer lines installed for the nearby new subdivision. - raising the height of the water or something.

I assume you trappers would know what kind of trap the MNR would use. I would like instructions on how to release a trap from from the dog's leg if that should happen. Even a google pic would be really helpful. My dogs like to swim in those ponds.

Traps will be removed at some point, but highly unlikely they will be able to find them all imo.

Thanks you for your help.
    MNR is going to contract an experienced trapper to get these beavers (I would hope so anyway) the main spots to avoid would be at the site of a dam, as the trapper would put a break in the dam to cause running water so the beaver would come back to fix it. The other main spots would be the entrance to the beaver house which will be under water, or on top of the beaver house is also a popular spot so just avoid the houses altogether....

Point being don't worry about random traps being placed here or there... you shouldn't have much to worry about

cheers!
    Rippin' Lips!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

No disrespect, but with all the scrutiny that trapper will face, he/she will not take any chances and leave a trap behind. That is just not how it is done. When I have seen trapping projects in urban areas or just on the fringe, the trappers have posted the area clearly and have even put up signs saying roughly where the traps are. You will not even know they were there when the trapper is done, except for the reduction in beavers. Also, the MNR will be monitoring this closely as well.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Thank you for your help gentlemen.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

update : someone was charged $180.00 for tampering with the traps.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    update : someone was charged $180.00 for tampering with the traps.
    Yes, someone posted a thread on it. My first thought was that it might be you....
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

LOL Very funny. No, I follow the laws always.... well I do speed a little sometimes.
    Last edited by Sharon; May 23rd, 2018 at 03:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12