View Poll Results: Are you prepared to move toward lead-free options for hunting and fishing?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 32.88%
  • No

49 67.12%

Thread: Polling our readers - June 2018

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Question Polling our readers - June 2018

Are you prepared to move toward lead-free options for hunting and fishing?
    Pages from June 2018 Digital Edition FINAL cover resized.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Does OFAH know something we don't....?

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Not for the cost difference. But what are you trying to tell us
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Apprentice

User Info Menu

sounds like the writing is on the wall.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

So, I'm new to this whole thing and I'm looking into my first shotgun and I was like "Shooting lead above water bodies and into the woods can't be a good thing" but I figured that other people knew better than me.... Thinkin' there might be change a-comin?

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Why in larger sizes it has not been shown to be a hazard.
    Smaller sizes have been shown to be ingested.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

When we mine lead out of the rock that it is safely tucked away in and concentrate it into one much larger pure mass, then sprinkle it all over the landscape so it can dissolve in ground water (remember to Romans who drank beer out of lead cups - they died), pellets to be eaten by unsuspecting animals who pass the effects on to their offspring, over and over for hundreds of years of hunting, YES there is an impact. It is just like leaded gasoline - it didn't matter much when I was driving the only car on the road, but millions of cars later, we finally got it. If we want to be respected as responsible hunters we need to take our minds out of our own little world and look at the big picture and what we are doing to our planet. Thousands upon thousands of us, in many many countries, over and over for hundreds of years.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Was it the beer or the lead that killed the Romans? Don't even think of trying to take away my beer.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldGuy View Post
    When we mine lead out of the rock that it is safely tucked away in and concentrate it into one much larger pure mass, then sprinkle it all over the landscape so it can dissolve in ground water (remember to Romans who drank beer out of lead cups - they died), pellets to be eaten by unsuspecting animals who pass the effects on to their offspring, over and over for hundreds of years of hunting, YES there is an impact. It is just like leaded gasoline - it didn't matter much when I was driving the only car on the road, but millions of cars later, we finally got it. If we want to be respected as responsible hunters we need to take our minds out of our own little world and look at the big picture and what we are doing to our planet. Thousands upon thousands of us, in many many countries, over and over for hundreds of years.
    HUH! I guess that's why you're the "WiseOldGuy". Excellent post and welcome aboard.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.