Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upland Lead-Shot Restrictions?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Upland Lead-Shot Restrictions?

Hey folks,

I was recently told by a friend that they've now imposed a ban on lead-shot use for pheasant hunting. Apparently he was told by fellow hunters that non-toxic shot must be used for pheasants in Hullett Marsh. Can someone please shed some knowledge, I cannot find anything in the new regs.

Cheers,
    Moe

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

That would be news to me.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

My guess is that maybe within a certain distance of water its prohibited, despite not shooting at waterfowl.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Most of these places like Hullet follow Provincial rules to the letter. So until it gets mandated Provincially by the MNRF I would say lead is still legal for upland. Will it come to that? That's a different story.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

There has been nothing in Friends of Hullett's newsletters to suggest anything like this.

This is pure rumour mill product. Environment Canada publishes a consultant's report on lead shot and asks for input on how to promote non toxic alternatives. The CSSA yells that this is a back door attack on gun ownership. People start wailing that "they're banning lead shot." Next thing you know you get rumours a ban is already in place.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by welsh View Post
    There has been nothing in Friends of Hullett's newsletters to suggest anything like this.

This is pure rumour mill product. Environment Canada publishes a consultant's report on lead shot and asks for input on how to promote non toxic alternatives. The CSSA yells that this is a back door attack on gun ownership. People start wailing that "they're banning lead shot." Next thing you know you get rumours a ban is already in place.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Given enough time,some things tend to take on a life of their own.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The old army rule: "If you haven't heard a rumour by 1000, start one."

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

There are so many little wet spots and large puddles in some places, that it's just easier to carry #6 steel for chickens, so I can still shoot at ducks. #6 steel at 20 yards or less in enough for teal, woodies or other small ducks.
    Strangest thing I ever saw, walked around a corner at the top of a hill and there were eight geese walking down the road towards me like they were just out taking in the fall colors. All I had was lead #7 1/2 And 00 buck. What an ambush it could have been.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Another Army rule... current thank you.. the tap in the back..is the recce for the stab... .

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Natives have not complied with the national 1998 lead ban on waterfowl yet.I don't see the OFAH ever complaining about it .The ban was for all waterfowl hunting for everyone,no exceptions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast