Thread: Ick 30'C forecast........Wish me luck for tomorrow

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Ick 30'C forecast........Wish me luck for tomorrow

Last time out nearly froze my butt off now they are calling for 30'C tomorrow . Thermacell prepped going from heater to intended purpose.
    Hope to get the job done early before the heat really sets in.
    But in any case a bad day afield is always better than a good day at work .
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Good luck!

my last hunt will be Sunday.

Wow that will make 3 hunt's for me this spring. that's about average for me...lol

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

So day ended up being the mirror image of my last hunt.
    Hoping to make it a quick hunt before the heat came on settled in close to the last roost tree known to me shortly before legal. But to my dismay only a single hen yelped at sunrise. Picked myself up and returned to where I got my first bird this time settled against a the shady side of a big old maple in a position to catch a bit of breeze. This time the thermacel was needed to keep the blanket of mosquitos away. A round 9:00 am thought I heard a distant gobble but my eyes where closed or actually I was napping so wasn't sure if it was real or imagined. Wasn't till 10 that a tom finally started to sound off. Couple of yelps from me had both him and a hen respond back to me. fortunately I was between them and the trail through the bush provide a path of least resistance towards me. Still took him an hour to get to me gobbling all the way.
    Good end to the season
    DSCN0039 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/153457252@N02/],on Flickr
    9 1/2" beard, 1 1/8 spurs
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Congrats great way to end the season i'm hoping to end mine tomorrow morning