Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Ontario hunters found guilty of illegally shooting trumpeter swan

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Default Three Ontario hunters found guilty of illegally shooting trumpeter swan

ADVERTISEMENT

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Great to hear news such as this !
    Hopefully ., others will read this and pay attention if and when they ever open up a "Tundra " Swan season, hunters have to be aware that there is a difference between the two species, shoot the wrong one , pay the hefty fine !
    Last edited by jaycee; May 24th, 2018 at 09:47 AM.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

$19K for dropping a Trumpeter!!

If only MNRF could dole out fines like this... we usually see $1K for a deer, a little more for a moose.

Wowza. Good on the officers and courts for the heavy handed "reminder".

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Nice. Good job
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Our Local Anti hunter spewing again. I don't think he was hunting Tundra Swan since there is no hunt he was poaching [lain and simple.

Probably difficult for you to grasp that.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Hopefully ., others will read this and pay attention if and when they ever open up a "Tundra " Swan season, hunters have to be aware that there is a difference between the two species, shoot the wrong one , pay the hefty fine !
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

time to fire up the popcorn!!

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Our Local Anti hunter spewing again. I don't think he was hunting Tundra Swan since there is no hunt he was poaching [lain and simple.

^This^ needs to go in the difficult to grasp hall of fame, as well as another ___________ hall of fame, but I'll leave that to the viewers playing along at home..
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kickingfrog View Post
    ^This^ needs to go in the difficult to grasp hall of fame, as well as another ___________ hall of fame, but I'll leave that to the viewers playing along at home..
    Well got to admit had posted a similar comment (a bit more diplomatic though) but deleted almost immediately
    Sometimes its hard not to be suck into someone else's agenda but I knew there will always be one to take the bait.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Elite Member

User Info Menu

If you read the content of the link, you will see that it suggests that the people in question were hunting other waterfowl at the time that they hunted or poached the swan. The sad reality is that some hunters also poach while they are hunting. To believe otherwise is to stick your head in the sand, or elsewhere.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post

ROFLAO Thanks for winning two bets for me, my post was worded to see who would respond first, my money was on you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast