Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three Ontario hunters found guilty of illegally shooting trumpeter swan

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Our Local Anti hunter spewing again. I don't think he was hunting Tundra Swan since there is no hunt he was poaching [lain and simple.

Probably difficult for you to grasp that.
    Anti Hunter ??? you're absolutely 100 percent wrong!

I hunt more in one season than you do in three or four !
    By the way , I really enjoyed my lunch today which was part of the bet you helped me win, the other I collect on next week .
    Last edited by jaycee; May 26th, 2018 at 05:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have seen guys shoot a swan. Their excuse before they got their ticket was they thought it was a snow goose.....just sayin’.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

As a joke,a friend at a wild game dinner cooked both Swan and Cormorant and challenged us to tell the difference. Each one was the grossest crap I've ever ate (actually,the Cormorant tasted better).
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I have seen guys shoot a swan. Their excuse before they got their ticket was they thought it was a snow goose.....just sayin’.
    Exactly, how many times have we seen posts here by waterfowlers telling us that they had seen many " Snow Geese " but they actually turned out to be " Swans "

Member for Life

User Info Menu

To many on here you are an anti hunter I have almost never seen a nice post from you.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Anti Hunter ??? you're absolutely 100 percent wrong!

I hunt more is one season than you do in three or four !
    By the way , I really enjoyed my lunch today which was part of the bet you helped me win, the other I collect on next week .

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    To many on here you are an anti hunter I have almost never seen a nice post from you.
    That is because I am not interested in posting about " chainsaws or trucks "

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Thanks for the original post.

It is very inaccurate/unfair to accuse Jaycee of being an anti hunter......so far from the truth. That label won't fly!

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rf2 View Post
    If you read the content of the link, you will see that it suggests that the people in question were hunting other waterfowl at the time that they hunted or poached the swan. The sad reality is that some hunters also poach while they are hunting. To believe otherwise is to stick your head in the sand, or elsewhere.
    Your assessment is spot on. People charged were hunting. I know most of us bristle when the terms hunter/poacher are interchanged for purposes of reporting in the media but in this case prove to be accurate.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Fantastic to see they got such a hefty fine. As an avid hunter this makes me sick to here about this. Another bunch of bloody idiots shot two birds on Scugog this year that had been breeding their for the past six seasons. Wounded both adults. One managed to fly off (probably now dead) and the second one was crippled and could not fly. I heard they managed to later capture it before the lake iced up and it was taken in for rehab. Not sure what happened to the cygnets. We've got incidents like this already and we have people on this board who want to see a Tundra season. I can only imagine how many trumpeters will be getting shot if this happens. At 19K per bird, I guess you'd only make the mistake once !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12