Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evinrude E-TEC

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Default Evinrude E-TEC

I’m thinking of doing a repower with a Evinrude E-TEC 150. Anyone own one or have experience with them? Good bad?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

We have the 225 and love it .it's four years old now and we have not had any problems at all.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I had an '09 model at work and hated it.

Underpowered for its size (90hp) and it drank oil for breakfast. Literally a $50 dollar jug every ten days on the water. The service techs told me nothing was wrong with it, that it was using oil at its prescribed rate.

We used it for a few years and traded it on a 4-stroke Yamaha, couldnt be happier.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have a 75.... I haven’t had an issue. Sips oil and gas. Trolls all day long without a miss. It winterized itself and needs service every three years. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Probably the best warranty in the industry now. I had one years ago but repowered to a Mercury due to cost.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I have a 90 going on 7 years now. Don't think it goes there a jug of oil in a year. Take in every 3 years for service, so twice now. Winterizing takes 90 secs, so can be done many times it you decide you need to go out one more time. Very quiet and I believe very good on gas.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

is there any smells of 2 stroke at all with the newer models ?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Are you looking at the etec or new G2? The g2 seems to be a better motor then the etec. I would get the g2 over an etec, but the g2 is not a cheap motor. I have a 150 Pro xs on my ranger, it's a great running little motor. I run about 50-60 hrs on the motor per season and use about a 10L jug of oil. If I had the option I would go 4 stroke. The merc 150 is a solid motor with very little issues. If you want a little more performance look at the Yamaha sho but again it's much more expensive. Best band for the buck is 150 optimax Pro xs it's putting out the most power at around 175.
    Follow me on Instagram at ONE_TRACC_MIND

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    Probably the best warranty in the industry now. I had one years ago but repowered to a Mercury due to cost.
    The new g2 has 10 year warranty, but it had to. The older etec was so unreliable that they needed to offer an insentive to gain confidence back. But you're paying for the warranty in the premium price. You can get the opti Pro xs with 7 years extended warranty for a few thousand cheaper then 150 g2. And if you look wait until merc special offers you get 5 yr warranty standard like my Pro xs came with.
    Follow me on Instagram at ONE_TRACC_MIND

Leads by example

User Info Menu

A 150 hp one left us stranded on Stag Island today due to being used for trolling in the St. Clair river.
    Had to have a buddy come & pull us to the Mooretown ramp.
    Not a trolling motor. Kicker had a water pump issue so we used the 150 for trolling.
    That was a mistake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast