Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my cheapness affecting my harvest rate lol

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I agree with the guys above that you don’t need them to kill a turkey. What I’ve seen with the Dave Smiths is the benefit for archery hunting where you want that bird at 10 yards in the Decoys. The Tom can get so focused on that jake and spend a few minutes at the Decoys giving you the right shot. For me the interaction between the birds and the Decoys has been worth the $$ money over the last 5 years. And the Decoys should last a life time. And sometimes the turkeys just ignore and don’t come to the expensive Decoys either.
    Last edited by Mfisch2003; May 29th, 2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Addition.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

We are still killing toms over a pretty boy decoy and bobble head hen both over 10 years old.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I think there’s a time and place for everything. I’ve killed turkeys with Cheep decoys and I killed turkeys with expensive decoys and I killed turkeys with no decoys. So it really doesn’t matter. That being said I was tired of the cheep decoys loosing paint and breaking and I eventualy bought better decoys over the years. I also want things to be in my favour and if the decoy looks extra real it’s a plus for when I do use them.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12