Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broadheads

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Broadheads

ADVERTISEMENT
    Looking to buy new broadheads for bear hunting Iím using a Excalibur Phoenix any recommendations thanks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Literally a million choices...lol

In my Excalibur here are my go to heads that have served me well over the years.

Fixed head - Exodus x-bow head in 100gr or 125gr. I use the 125's for more FOC.

Mechanical - Grim reaper x-bow head in 100gr or 125gr.

I have used both on White-tails & Black bear. Put them in the sweet spot & watch-em drop.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I used one from the beginning and it works and shoots true, Wasp fixed 3 blade 100-125gr. I have used them on a few different crossbows, all excaliburs.

I like the idea of a fixed blade, a keep it simple idea.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Wasp Hammerhead SST 125gr all the way,second it,good choice Fox

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I suggest fixed blade, I have personally experience much fewer problems with them. I currently use Montec G5 fixed blade in 100 gr on both my exo's with no issues out to 50yrds (I don't shoot beyond that). You will also find they fly differently than field points, since they come in packs of three I keep one to use as target practice and save the other two for actual hunting.
    " Grant Mountain Bloodhounds Clementine Burgermeister TD, MiSAR"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I have used the Slick Tricks with good success. They are the only head that has the same poi as my field tips. I use 125 grain magnums.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

For bears, get a big mechanical for a big blood trail. If you don't trust mechanicals, look at a hybrid head like the Grave Digger or Grim Reaper Hybrids. The guaranteed performance of a fixed head with the blood trail of a mechanical.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

The only concerning me is the broad not shooting like the field tip,I guess I have to follow Marker's recommendations and give up broad for practice.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    The only concerning me is the broad not shooting like the field tip,I guess I have to follow Marker's recommendations and give up one for practice.
    Yes! Don't expect any head to fly with fp's without trying them.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast