Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winner of the ood big gobbler contest

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Winner of the ood big gobbler contest

Congratulations goes out to TurkeyJohn with a score of 99.375. He started with a great score early and it held the hole way. Im also awarding the first harvested bird prize as well to TurkeyJohn because there was no other entries and his son nailed his first spring bird. Not to mention he introduced another hunter, his (nephew) to the great sport of turkey hunting. Congratulations to everyone who participated and a big thank you to our sponsors Gobble Stalker Calls and Turkey Slayer Calls. I will PM soon TurkeyJohn with details on how to claim your prizes . Also with regret, this will be my last year running this contest. For the reason of lack of posting and interest. Im sorry to the guys and girls who did post and participate in this contest, this is not about you. If someone else wants to run this ill pass over my contacts. Have a good year everyone
    Last edited by tom gobble; June 1st, 2018 at 08:22 PM.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

User Info Menu

Bump to top
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Nice going TurkeyJohn congrats on a great bird.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Congrats, enjoyed following your season on the forum as well.
    Rod Embree
    KMG Hunting Safaris

Apprentice

User Info Menu

It's been a fun year and thanks to Tom Gobble for running the contest. Disappointed that there weren't many entries though.... Not sure if simply a case of why bothers or people found the season tough....

Enjoyed watching everyones posts and congrats to everyone that was able to harvest one of these wily birds....

We do have a fall hunt coming too....

TurkeyJohn

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Congrats TurkeyJohn and all successful hunters.
    I entered but was told I didn’t have enough posts. I then forgot about contest. My bad. Me and my girl did have a great successful hunt.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Congrats to turkey John and thanks to tom gobble for running the contest and to the sponsors. To bad there weren't more entries...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBuckHunt View Post
    Congrats to turkey John and thanks to tom gobble for running the contest and to the sponsors. To bad there weren't more entries...
    Your welcome BigBuckHunt and its nice to promote what we love doing. But this year had to be the lowest interest in forum members contributing stories /pics of there hunts towards the contest. Im not sure why because every bird is a good bird and we should be proud of our harvest. I don't think ill run this contest again just because of the lack of contributing. Whats the point of a hunting forum without people talking about there hunts. Thanks to everyone who did contribute.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    Your welcome BigBuckHunt and its nice to promote what we love doing. But this year had to be the lowest interest in forum members contributing stories /pics of there hunts towards the contest. Im not sure why because every bird is a good bird and we should be proud of our harvest. I don't think ill run this contest again just because of the lack of contributing. Whats the point of a hunting forum without people talking about there hunts. Thanks to everyone who did contribute.
    One of the problems with lack of contribution may have been the format of the contest. With a winner takes all approach it doesn't encourage people to post if their bird doesn't beat what's already up there.
    Would expect a format that gave every bird posted a raffle ticket into a draw at the end for a grand prize would of got more reports.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    Whats the point of a hunting forum without people talking about there hunts. Thanks to everyone who did contribute.
    I wonder how any folks, who didn't officially sign up for the contest, but still posted their ' Turkey Hunt' story' ?

Does the contest encourage that many more to post ?

Maybe there were just not as many successful hunters this year.
    Last edited by MikePal; June 8th, 2018 at 04:10 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast