Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E collar recommendations

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default E collar recommendations

Seems my old TT Sport Basic G3 now shows a battery fault unless I put it on the charger on a waxing moon with a wind from the west, so looks like I'm in the market for a new collar.

This is for spaniels, so range is not an issue and it will see little use. All I need is continuous & momentary with adjustable levels, i.e. the basics.

What's the best option these days?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Google "Dogtra 2500 B/T"

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Don't know if its the best but been running for 3 years the Garmin delta XC on my setter. Small light easy to carry and for the price can't be beat. Its a thumbs up for me
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I use a Dogtra 2500 T&B which I find fabulous but running flushers you may have different needs. I like the very compact beeper that can be set to: silent, intermittent and point only. It also has nick and continuous stimulation. Locate function is handy when in really thick cover. Been running it for 7 years now on original batteries. The only thing I wish I had done now is buy the 2502 T&B which has a 2 dog capability.
    Last edited by terrym; June 3rd, 2018 at 10:24 PM.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I have just gone through the same thing with my old TT G3 outfit finally giving up the ghost. Reluctantly, I had to shop for another system, and chose to stick with Garmin. I got the Pro 550. Love the slim cylinder shaped transmitter, the buttons are intuitive to use, it has tone, momentary and continuous, and there are 21 levels. There are also more features which I may not have need of. I am using it on 2 Britts, a GSP and a lovely little ESS who is a real treat to train. I use it as a way to cue the dog at a distance, and it fits my needs perfectly. I bought it from Dakota Creek, and their service was top notch.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

any possibility of just replacing the batteries?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbelly View Post
    any possibility of just replacing the batteries?
    The winning answer!

I was just about to post ... after marysburg's suggestion I was checking out collars on Dakota Creek and lo & behold they have replacement batteries for these receivers.

I didn't think you could get replacement batteries for these given they've been discontinued for years, but I guess I was wrong. Should be able to get lots more years out of this unit now.

$32.99 vs. $329.99 is a no brainer.

Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Welsh I use the dogtra 1900s. It's awesome. Small and perfect for a spanner.
    "You don't own a cocker, you wear one"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Noted! That seeks to be a popular collar.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by welsh View Post
    Noted! That seeks to be a popular collar.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    You guys make me think I am the only person using Sportdog. My 1875 works great and is used every day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast